Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a rebuilt set of beans injectors on my pap's e99 f550. I've done injectors a few times so I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly.

Long story short its taking a long time to crank. It turns over fast like its not getting compression. Then it fires and runs perfectly. It does the same thing cold or warm. I have not run codes on it yet but there is no ses light on yet.

Any ideas? I have an auto enginuity but havnt even opened the box yet since I ordered it so I dont know how to use it yet. Ill play with the truck tonight and post any new findings I I get any.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Give it some time and see if it gets better. Maybe you got a little bit of air in the system to get out....

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would get oil pressure after just a few seconds and rpms would stay at a steady 100-150 I'd say. It would take a good 30s to start. It's got maybe 100miles on it now since injectors.

I did realize something that I didn't do before swapping them out. Clear the codes. Had them reset and so far it's been working like it should.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Takes time to get the air out of the system. Drive the piss out of it for 20 miles or so, lots of stop and go...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Clearing codes won't make a difference.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Takes time to get the air out of the system. Drive the piss out of it for 20 miles or so, lots of stop and go...
^yep, did this the first time i did an injector swap and it works. the second time it took forever to get the air out becuase I didn't drive it much for a little bit.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clearing codes won't make a difference.
That's what I thought too but I swear as soon as we reset the codes it started working right. Probably just coincidence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts