Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to sign the papers on a 2010 F350 FX4 Lariat CC long bed. My current truck is a 2008 F250 4x4 XLT CC short bed. I read somewhere that a long bed will tow better (what ever that means) than a short bed. Any truth to that?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have had both long and short bed and I feel like my long bed is a bit more stable. Overall it's not that noticeable

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
I'm about to sign the papers on a 2010 F350 FX4 Lariat CC long bed. My current truck is a 2008 F250 4x4 XLT CC short bed. I read somewhere that a long bed will tow better (what ever that means) than a short bed. Any truth to that?
That old theory only applied to regular cab trucks. Once you get into ex cab or crew that doesnt apply anymore

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
I like the long bed dually for pulling a fifth wheel RV or a gooseneck, myself.
They sure hold the road good and the ride is great.

Doug

·
Registered
306 Posts
less chance of a 5th wheel/goosenek making contact with the back of the cab with a longbed :wink[3]:.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have hooked the same gooseneck with the same load to a lb and sb. Lb is definitely more stable

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
we only ever had long beds to pull our goosenecks, plus we like our bed room

·
Super Moderator
19,809 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've towed my 30' travel trailer with both my 2006 F250 CC LB and now my 2008 F350 CC SB. My 2006 with the long bed was more stable when dealing with cross winds and passing semi on the expressway then my 2008 is. In fact, I never had a sway control tied into my hitch on my 2006, but I am purchasing one for my 2008 to help counteract the sway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts