Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took out both my hubs tonight. the drivers side was smooth, went right out and back in. it is the original to the truck made in 2003
the passenger side(it is a new warn oem as the original stopped locking) took me about 5min to wrestle out. when i went to put it back in, it wouldn't go.
i felt it catch on the middle spline but it looks like it has a gap towards the bottom starting at 4 oclock, whether or not it is jacked up.
please advise

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
took out both my hubs tonight. the drivers side was smooth, went right out and back in. it is the original to the truck made in 2003
the passenger side(it is a new warn oem as the original stopped locking) took me about 5min to wrestle out. when i went to put it back in, it wouldn't go.
i felt it catch on the middle spline but it looks like it has a gap towards the bottom starting at 4 oclock, whether or not it is jacked up.
please advise

View attachment 774806
View attachment 774808
View attachment 774809
Try turning the locking dial while inserting or remove it, turn it 10 degrees and try again, do this until it seats. Or bfh it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try turning the locking dial while inserting or remove it, turn it 10 degrees and try again, do this until it seats. Or bfh it.

tried that. it's like the inside spindle is not totally lined up with the outside hub

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
called my mechanic. he said to move the u joint with my hand and it'll slide in. little manipulation and it went in. issue fixed
Except it sounds like you need u joints

1 - 5 of 5 Posts