Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i hear alot about different tuners writing their tunes for the sct and either setting it to lock the TC at a certain point, or setting it to stay unlocked... what in your opinion is the better way to go?? what are the pro's and con's if any to having it locked and the same for having it stay unlocked? thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
been up all day with 29 views and not one reply, come on guys. anyone got some info for me???

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've not heard of anybody leaving it unlocked. to me it seems that would waste power and heat up the tranny quicker as well as hurt fuel mileage. But it would keep the shifts smoother. Locked it shifts really, really hard and quick. And it would maximize the torque from the motor cause its not slipping. I'm not really sure which is harder on the converter it all depends on how you use it I guess.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
what in your opinion is the better way to go?? what are the pro's and con's if any to having it locked and the same for having it stay unlocked? thanks!
I like mine to be locked in 4th and 5th only. I have a "performance" tune from dfuser with good power and shifting without the tc locked in 4th and 5th. It's basically like it would be stock but the truck is just faster. Not sure of any pros or cons.

·
Registered
262 Posts
my 1/2 of .o2

Well, I have 3 tunes, 2 of which I use, 1 is a "street" tune, and it locks in 4&5, and I use it for towing light, up to like 6000lbs. I'm told that it is supposed to be better fuel economy, but I have found better with my other tune. My "race" tune locks in everything over 2nd, at 1/2 or better throttle, and I love it... never had problems with it, and I like the feel cuz you can tell when the boost is up:thumb:

·
Registered
467 Posts
does any one know what DJ's looney tune does with the TC??

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have heard that he does not lock the TC.......... on any tunes...

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
If it was locked....you would notice it. If I'm cruising 60mph in overdrive and give it about quarter to half throttle it jerks me back into my seat. It's fast. Before you know it you're doing 85-90mph.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
al my tunes are fast, but this one i have seems weird. guess im not used to how they shift when the TC is locked.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Rob, get your race file to lock at the 1-2 shift at wot, and leave it locked all the way thru. You will like it.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Rob, get your race file to lock at the 1-2 shift at wot, and leave it locked all the way thru. You will like it.
Jody does this in all of his tunes I beleive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts