Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my 6.0 delivering across the country and have a "stumbling" issue I can only relate to an injector Issue. I have kept up faithfully with oil changes just recently upping to Rotella T6 full synthetic with a Fram TG 6x filter. All my miles, or 95% are highway with around 35-40% pulling. Oil gets replaced every 5-7k, depending on opportunity between loads.
I have 100k miles this year since March and have done the Coolant filtration, EGR Delete and oil cooler change myself along with distilled flushing and CAT-EC1 Silicate Free Coolant after three separate Ford Dealerships burnt me 3 consecutive times blaming the one before for my problems.
I have a surging issue that started after I accidentally ran 16 gal of regular gas thru the system when not paying attention at a BP Fuel stop. Their Diesel handles are Black where their gas is Green. This dried out the injectors or caused a "stiction" issue. I used "hot Shot Secret" that absolutely cured the issue for about 10k miles where it has returned thou not as bad. I did an oil change (to Rotella SYN) then added another bottle Hot Shot. The problem while getting better when I add the miracle solution, I can tell is slowly degrading.
My question/s are;
How do I test for "failed" Injectors?
Will a "Blue Spring" help while not shortening the life of any other system?
How to "Shop For" Injectors - Towing for work - are injector parts fixable.
Thanks ahead of time for help and direction!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
A cylinder contribution test will locate bad injectors or codes. I currently have a shudder/ stumble while driving also. Its not throwing any codes though. I'm just getting a new set of injectors. I've have only dealt with Warren Diesel. Great prices great service. Your better off replacing all 8 injectors based on your situation if you ask me. I would hate to see you go in there, replace a few and have to go back in.

The blue spring mod was used by Ford to correct a low pressure issue. It shouldn't "shorten" the life of any other system. Check your fuel pressure to see where its at. Some people claim night and day difference, I didn't notice anything.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Adreed give waren a call go price on injectors and what ever you do don't buy any from ebay the cheap ones that are listed just bought one for the hell of it said it was brand new and ohmed it when it got here 2.0 in the pins guess I got another core.

You can test the pins on the injector they shoukd be no more than .08

1 - 3 of 3 Posts