Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I still havent learned where to post questions and I have been on the site for a while. So sorry for posting this in the classifieds, so feel free to give me pointers on this problem.

First I would like to say MattSCT on here was awesome. Matt thanks for all the help man. I bought the SCT from a guy on here and he didnt return his truck to stock or something. Either way it locked my truck up. Im sure yall have heard of this problem. Either wrong Strategy or he didnt return it to stock. Anyhow matt dealt with my mechanic and was a HUGE help. He even remembered our convos on here. Seriously thanks alot Matt.

Ok I am wondering how accurate the dyno on the live wire is. So has anyone compared the livewires dyno to real time dyno?

Theres so many things you can do with a Live wire its insane. Hell it has a jake brake on it. Does it happen to have a converter lock up option on it?

I have the EGT probe with it. How accurate is that? SCT claims its real time readings. Can anyone confirm this?

Does any one have any pointers to make this programmer even more awesome than it already is?

Like I said sorry for posting in the classifieds, just not sure where I should be posting questions. Thanks for any info guys!

·
Registered
13 Posts
livewire

im takin it u like ur live wire im about to buy one is it worth it or shoiuld i go with the x3 what r the diffs,
thanks brenden

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you dont mind having to puld it in to change your settings then go with the X3. The Live Wire can moniter like 36 diff. Parameters, shift on the fly, OBD scan and clear, clocks 1/4 times, has a dyno all kinds of stuff. Not to mention it has a TC lock up on it, and I have been told a jake break as well. Its freakin sweet bro, Spend the extra money. I went ahead and got the EGT probe with it. Cheaper than buying a EGT guage if you dont already have one. Between my in dash screen, the live wire, and the cobalt guages im going to put it, it looks like a NASA control center or something. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
no $h!t huh sounds sweet, i might do with the live wire unless i hear anything bad,
i loved my gages on my edge i look at my gages more than the road.i hated the edge tho it made my truck do some crazy stuff sometime it barley ran,really weird.
u can download custome tunes right.
brenden

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir you can download custom tunes. Alot of shops have them. Erica at Innovative diesel is prolly the most popular and from what I hear more expensive. My plans are, get everything installed on my truck and call the different shops about customtunes. My biggest things are Eco and extreme race. Im going to get a tune as specific as possible to my mods. There a butt load to learn about the Live Wire. But take it from me, I would recomend this to anyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts