Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on getting some type of SCT w/ DI's tunes but i wanted to know the diffrence between Livewire and X3 (performance and tune wise)

·
Registered
307 Posts
performance there is no difference you still put the tunes you want on it the livewire has a monitor for egt's boost etc.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
I'd go with the Edge Insight for the guages and the X3 from DJ for the POWER!!! I heard the Livewire had some glitches in the beginning, not sure if there worked out or not, however they should be...

·
Registered
578 Posts
The X3 and Livewire are exactly the same tune wise. They both hold three canned tunes and three custom tunes, same tunes compatible with each. The Livewire has the ability to monitor things like EGT's which you will definitely need to do.

I prefer the look of gauges so I did the X3 and IssPro gauges, DJ's has a good deal on the combo. There were a few issues with the livewire software for a while but I hear that it is all worked out.

Whichever route you choose to take, Livewire or X3, you will not be disappointed. Make sure you get custom tunes from one of the vendors on the site and your truck will haul a**.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Also if your truck is still under warranty you might want to go X3 with gauges because tey know the live wire is a tuner as well as guages

·
Registered
578 Posts
And there isnt a diffrence between Dj's and DI's tunes?
All tunes are different. Innovative Diesel and DJ's both have great tunes, I want to try some tunes from Innovative but have not yet. They are both very respectable tuners and pretty much everybody who has tunes by them is happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts