Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys.

My delta's where 30*+ so i went to a shop and had my oil cooler.egr cooler replaced and new turbo.now i am still getting 10* to 12* difference on the freeway...but in the city only 1* to 3* difference.is that OK.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Your numbers look fine. The test is 60MPH on flat ground you should see under a 15* delta when all is at full operating temps.

Just to put your mind at ease, I had Ford replace my coolers, I replaced gold with ELC, new thermostat, etc and my deltas are about the same as yours.

That said, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow man that's a relief i thought i just got taken for $4200 it is hard to see if the oil cooler and egr cooler really has been changed,

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
$4200....:yikes:

That's the price of a full stud job!!!

You did get taken bud:sad:

Why the new turbo?
Did it have in and out play in the shaft?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
wow man that's a relief i thought i just got taken for $4200 it is hard to see if the oil cooler and egr cooler really has been changed,
I hope they at least cuddled with you afterwards. Man....I think you were taken!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the turbo was making lots of noise bad bearing,,that was covered under my extended warranty i took when purchases the truck e.g.r cooler and oil cooler was only $2200 out my pocket.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Still... 2200 is too much IMO!

AND... They put another OEM crappy egr cooler in there:doh:

Delete it or get a BPD egr cooler... only two reliaable options!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like it is the first time the coolers where replaced,i have 120.000 miles on the truck turbo was replaced @ 56.000 while under warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts