Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday I did the zoodad and foil delete, no issues. Saturday morning wass driving down the highway and got stuck behind some Sunday drivers, first chance I got to get by em istung it looked down at the clustter and I'm rollin well over 100mph. Not only that but the check engine light was on. So I pulled over to check it out, but soon as I did the went. Out. Hasn't come on since but now when I go to start it as soon as I t starts crasnking it sounds like a basebball bat hitting a tire. So I'm just tryin to get some advice before I start teasrin it apart. Its a 2002 f250 7.3l 4x4, 180000 miles. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Was it the check engine light or the Service Engine Soon? My guess is the SES. Get a code scanner and find out what your codes are. You'll probably find the HPOP pressure too high/low as the description which leads me to believe you have a chip?

I'd recheck everything around the charge pipe. Might have dislodged a tube or pushed a wire that was close to breaking.

Finally run the engine with the hood up. Where is the sound coming from?

·
Super Moderator
19,744 Posts
Does that 'bat hitting the tire' sound continue after it starts? Is something hitting now that you pulled the foil?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There isn't anything in the fan. But I did notice the uppipe was set on the power steering reservoir mounting bracket. Didn't think of it til now. Im going to get so custom Fabd pipes soon so I may let it ride for now. And I'm not sure the difference. It was an orange outline of an engine. Thanks all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts