Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
washed motor and found leak its on the brass pump on the top of motor in the valley. has anyone had this prob and how did you fix it?its leaking on the pass side no hoses or any thing on that side. is there any pictures on this and how to remove and replace? sorry so long

·
Registered
45 Posts
I believe that is the injector pump and one cost me $157 with a discount(my cousin works at ford). It is a hard procedure. Im sorry that I have no pictures. I just learned about this site the other day. They are hard to get off. If that is leaking Id recomend replacing the rubber high pressure fuels lines also because they will be saturated.

Sorry I couldnt be more help.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
washed motor and found leak its on the brass pump on the top of motor in the valley. has anyone had this prob and how did you fix it?its leaking on the pass side no hoses or any thing on that side. is there any pictures on this and how to remove and replace? sorry so long
Is what you are talking about at the rear of the block under the turbo? If so that' the fuel pump and while it is a PITA to change out, it can be done without removing the turbo. I think those are running around 90.00 at local auto parts stores.
Craig

·
Shade tree mechanic
8,298 Posts
i also replaced mine(1 month ago) without taking turbo off. i didnt think it was as hard as some are saying it is. just need to remove the fuel filter canister. i also replaced all the fuel hoses while i was in there. and got a new o ring for the fuel drain valve. mine wasnt leaking, but i replaced it anyways. good luck. (wrench size, 1 1/4 in. for the big bolt on the back of the lift pump just so you know)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got her done yesterday ,not to bad just had to remove the fuel bowl to get bottom hose hooked up. i replaced the fuel lines while i was in there. my only ? is before i bib it i was running about 62 lbs now in down to 50 or so any reason y? air in lines? i filled the fuel bowl up before i restarted her

·
Registered
45 Posts
Id reccomend driving it for a while and trying it again. Mine was a pain cause it was actually broke where it goes down in the top of the V. It broke at the o ring and I had to dig it out. My truck is like a 2x6 on wheels. Its a rough ridding truck and I think that the bounce and the jarring of the truck is what cracked it and when I went to take it off it broke. Thats why Im saying that it was a pain in the neck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Id reccomend driving it for a while and trying it again. Mine was a pain cause it was actually broke where it goes down in the top of the V. It broke at the o ring and I had to dig it out. My truck is like a 2x6 on wheels. Its a rough ridding truck and I think that the bounce and the jarring of the truck is what cracked it and when I went to take it off it broke. Thats why Im saying that it was a pain in the neck.
yeah that dont sound like fun!!how did u finally get it out?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got the skinnist longest needle nose I could find and started digging for it. It broke off at the O-ring and once I got that out the bottom half of the pump come out pretty easy and then I had to reach down in the top of the block and get the slider out. That was the hard part. I didnt want that falling further down in the block. That made me sweat. That alone took 2 hours.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have u had to replace the orings and gasket on the oil filter/cooler yet? that is my next project, gonna get them ordered today. it dont look to bad but i shouldnt say that yet!!

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
have u had to replace the orings and gasket on the oil filter/cooler yet? that is my next project, gonna get them ordered today. it dont look to bad but i shouldnt say that yet!!
Let me know when you do this. I have a parts schematic that might help you, or do d search on this site under oil cooler.
Craig

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let me know when you do this. I have a parts schematic that might help you, or do d search on this site under oil cooler.
Craig
i thank you for your help. could you put up the schematic then i can print it out and put it in my folder for the truck. again thank you.:thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts