Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title, can you Line-X the belly of the truck? Just thinking because I got a little rust I won't to cover.

Thanks Guys,

AJ

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
can you, yes, would i, no. They actually sell an undercoating product for specifically that. To do the sprayed in bedliner would be a hell of a lot of mess work. You can't get it on the exhaust or any moving parts. Better off paying someone to undercoat it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am not sure about the Line-x but you can do an undercoat. Just make sure you get rid of the rust first before you undercoat it. If you sand it down to metal then coat it you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :thumb:

·
Registered
92 Posts
i would just do an undercoat..have it done professionally unless you have experiance in it. most dealerships offer it for a somewhat reasonable price! that's the route I would go, we have a guy who is really good at them here..but it's in alaska.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm doing this. I need to clean up the underside anyway (has oil from my blown rear diff coated everywhere) so I'm taking the bed off and flipping it over. I plan to clean it up real good and apply some herculiner. While the bed is off, I'll clean up the frame with my pressure washer and coat the framerails with POR-15 or something similar.

Chris

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet! Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts