Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Limp Home Mode

Tags
limp mode
3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jhampton00 
#1 ·
I have an 06 F250. The wrench light comes on when I go full throttle. Even when in neutral. If I push the pedal to the floor the light comes on. I climbed a steep hill without pushing the pedal to the floor but got it to 3000 rpm and 25 psi of boost and no light. The truck seems to run fine with all the power it normally has. I'm gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow to see if its throwing any codes. Does anyone have an idea what it could be.

#5 ·
Well, if you're lucky, you may find some wire chafing causing the problem. Otherwise, I think the pedal assembly has to be replaced.

P2138 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D / E Voltage Correlation
Pedal Sensors will use SAE D,E,F codes​
P2139 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D / F Voltage Correlation
P2140 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E / F Voltage Correlation

• The AP (Accelerator Pedal) is a three track pedal. The AP incorporates three potentiometers. Through out the movement of the AP the resistance values of the three potentiometers must agree. During the movement of the AP if one of the three potentiometer readings do not agree, the check engine light will illuminate and the vehicle will continue to perform as normal. If two signals from the AP are lost the PCM will allow the engine to idle only and illuminate the check engine light.

• The three-track pedal is a safety feature. The three track pedal takes the place of the Idle Validation Switch allowing for limited system failure and still maintaining performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.