Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went up against a chipped lighting rolling at 15mph. I guess I did pretty good I was two legths behind him. He says he runs like a low 12's. So what do I have to do to beat him

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Well went up against a chipped lighting rolling at 15mph. I guess I did pretty good I was two legths behind him. He says he runs like a low 12's. So what do I have to do to beat him
Well against him from a boosted launch and the race should be interesting.....but to run low 12's were are talking some pretty major mods....head studs, NOS, tranny, injectors, maybe meth....you should talk to DKR he has just broke into the 12 in the last couple months :nod:

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
Well against him from a boosted launch and the race should be interesting.....but to run low 12's were are talking some pretty major mods....head studs, NOS, tranny, injectors, maybe meth....you should talk to DKR he has just broke into the 12 in the last couple months :nod:
:agree: Thats what i would have to say!:nx:

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Here is what DKR has......train horns might not be need, hahaha
SCT XCal2 w/ Custom Files & FICM tuning
(Xtreme Race, Xtreme Street, Aggressive Tow w/ Turbo Brake, Econo)
DashDAQ Series II; ARP Headstuds; AFE Stage 2 XP Intake w/ Proguard 7
'03 Turbo Swap; Zex N2O Dry Shot; CFM Smallmouth Intake Elbow
Zoodad w/ Predator Screen; MBRP 4" Cool Duals Straight Piped
Coolant Bypass Filter; Train Horns; High Idle Mod
BFG ATs 285-65/20s
12.921sec @ 104.75mph @ ~7700lbs

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
yeah but to get to low 12's to where that Lighting might be.... that will take some work and a good driver.. not saying that it can't be done but you better have the money:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
If he is in the low 12's he's probably close to the hp limits of his stock rods. So do nothing to your truck and just wait till a cold winter morning and there's a good chance he'll beat himself with a hole in his block.:doh:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If he is in the low 12's he's probably close to the hp limits of his stock rods. So do nothing to your truck and just wait till a cold winter morning and there's a good chance he'll beat himself with a hole in his block.:doh:
Well sorry to bring this post back from the dead. This excat thing happend, he was doing a buck 30 down the highway and threw a rod and the motor was done but now he has a new engine and it's running great.

·
Registered
198 Posts
what engine is DKR running all that stuff in? sounds like a wicked setup and sounds like alotta frekin money!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts