Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
i have a 4 inch lift with 35s and a stock spare tire..i had to use it before i bought the new wheels and tires..i was missing 1 out of 3 of the pieces that make up the spare lock key..so i went down to harbor freight, bought a cable cutter..and the rest is history..now it sits in my bed..tied with a rope to the bed hook..but yes i would like to know from other ppl too....

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
gah! don't think they're gunna steal that one!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
There is alot of people that dont carry a spare

·
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters
2,447 Posts
You could get a tiregate

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
i don't run one, and the stocker is in my garage

·
Registered
618 Posts
i have a 37" spare that i keep in the garage when i run around town but when i go on a trip i put it in the bed and i have a cable bike lock that i use to lock it to one of the tie down hooks.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I dont carry a spare around town, but bring one with me if I travel more than about 50-75 miles away...as well as a battery impact and good jack.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have been wanting to get a little 1 1/2 ton jack from the local autoparts store and a DeWalt battery impact for a long time for this very reason too. nothing would suck worse than trying to change a wheel in the freezing mud with a stupid factory jack and that lame *** wrench...

·
Registered
457 Posts
I actually bought a Bed spare tire mount... arches it up close to the cab at a angle... but i only put it in there when i take a trip or go out on the beach

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
I carry mine in the bed if I am on the road but if its just around town I will send someone to go get it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A friend of mine has a 35 hung under his truck in the stock location, but his exhaust exits infront of the rear tire. I have 37's and I carry a 35 inch spare in the bed. I plan on putting it back underneath as soon as I get antoher mount and rerout my exhaust.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just carry a tire plug kit and a good air compressor that handle the big tires to get me home. So far I have not needed it yet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts