Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, curios what size lift would work with towing a 5th wheel? I just don't want the back riding too low on the trailer. Any advise? I have a 07 250 long bed fx4

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Some people do flip kits on their 5th wheels to raise them, others need to lift their truck to match the height of the 5th wheel. I had a 4.5" lift before my Carli Leveling kit and towed a 32' fifth wheel with a very slight rake on the trailer. Basically, all depends on what you're setup with.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Frankf250,

I am looking for input on the same thing. Not a 5th wheel but I do use my goose neck a lot and want to do a lift. What I have been told so far is a 4" is about as big as I should go. Let me know if you hear anything different.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. I also have air bags to handle the weight so I guess I would need to buy the extensions for them.. I'll let you know when I get closer to doing it

·
Registered
680 Posts

2005CCSB Carli Coilovers in front adjusted to around 5" lift, rear has a Carli Full leaf pack running on 35x12.50r17 Hankook MT's. I have Firestone airbags that mount to the outside of the frame and on top of the leaf pack. Carli made me some spacers to be able to use my existing airbags with the leaf packs(this will not be needed if you are running stock springs with a block lift). Truck sits almost level empty and with trailer on it with air in the bags. Trailer sits with a little rake in the front while driving down the road but have never had any issues and pulls straight as an arrow. The trailer is stock height and has never had the axles flipped to under the springs. All trailers are different so it is hard to say if the same lift I have will work for others.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Real nice lookin. I'm getting rid of the Montana and getting a Raptor. I like the look of your truck. It's about where I want mine. Not too crazy tall

·
Registered
680 Posts
My uncle had a Raptor and they seemed to sit higher so should be fine on a lifted truck. There is some adjustment too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts