Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought my truck I wondered what kind of lift was on it. The salesman said it was a 3.5" leveling kit. Is there any way to tell what kind and size of lift is on it, and is it easy to lift more? On the back from the axle up is a 4" block followed by a helper then 4 leafs then another 1" block, then another helper. The front there is 6 leafs that go small to big from the axle up.

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
the rear leafs look stock to me and the front im not sure .....does it have a hanger kit on the front ......:dunno:

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Don't mean to intrude in anyone's thread but I've got a lift question myself. I've got an 04 F-350 FX4 dbl cab- all stock (leaf spring all around). I want to lift it but not too much. Now I know that can be a matter of opinion but I'm thinking 4 inches or so. Now here's the question. Can I go with just some blocks and longer u bolts and be done with it? Do I go with a bigger block in the front than I do in the back do get the truck to sit level? And from looking around some people say that the trac bar may need to be spaced out or something like that? So what size blocks and where to get it to sit level? And do I realy have to put some sort of spacer on the trac bar? Oh and I don't mean to be dumb but what the hell is the trac bar? I believe it's located on the front end. Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You never want to put blocks in the front ....to go 4 inch you should get new leafs up front.... and you can block the rear or go full leaf there too

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
You never want to put blocks in the front ....to go 4 inch you should get new leafs up front.... and you can block the rear or go full leaf there too
OK. What about this trac bar issue. does there need to be some kind of spacer
and where the hell is it?:dunno: And why does it need to be spaced if it does at all?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Don't mean to intrude in anyone's thread but I've got a lift question myself. I've got an 04 F-350 FX4 dbl cab- all stock (leaf spring all around). I want to lift it but not too much. Now I know that can be a matter of opinion but I'm thinking 4 inches or so. Now here's the question. Can I go with just some blocks and longer u bolts and be done with it? Do I go with a bigger block in the front than I do in the back do get the truck to sit level? And from looking around some people say that the trac bar may need to be spaced out or something like that? So what size blocks and where to get it to sit level? And do I realy have to put some sort of spacer on the trac bar? Oh and I don't mean to be dumb but what the hell is the trac bar? I believe it's located on the front end. Thanks for any info...
Best if you start your own thread man:thumb:

And in regards to the OP, like Tank said above, take some bigger/not so close up pictures. its definitely hard to see/tell in those closeup's.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
From the pictures it looks to be stock in the rear and a 2" mini spring kit in the front. So its just a leveling kit in the front. If your axel is not centered then you need a adj track bar.

Cary

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From the pictures it looks to be stock in the rear and a 2" mini spring kit in the front. So its just a leveling kit in the front. If your axel is not centered then you need a adj track bar.

Cary
Ill take another picture of the front and see if I have the adj. track bar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts