Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 F-250, CC, Longbed, 5.4L, pretty much a bare bones work truck. What I'm trying to achieve is to lift it so it sits the same as my old 04 F-350 did with a leveling kit. I already have a pair of F-350 blocks and u-bolts ready to swap out for the rear. Up front though is where I'm not sure what to do. The truck already could use a leveling kit and with the F-350 blocks in the rear it's going to need close to 3" to level it. I'll measure tonight to get a better figure.

I have my stock F-350 springs in the garage but they are for a diesel truck, they are the two leaf spring pack. I was going to put them in with an add a leaf but I feel they will be way too stiff. But I'm also worried if I put them in with nothing that even with the lighter 5.4 up front it won't lift the front up enough to level it. I've also considered just buying shackles for up front as I used them on my F-350 in the past and liked how it kept the stock ride.

Also with that much lift am I going to have to swap out my track bar bracket?

Bill

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Measured the front last night and it sits 2 1/8 lower than the rear with the stock F250 blocks in the rear. So I'm going to need about 3.5-4" up front to level it once the F350 blocks go in.

Bill

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts