Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am brand new to the forum so I have a few questions...
I am looking into lifting (possibly) my new truck. Its a 2013 F-350 Platinum SRW, 4x4,3.55 locker, short bed. I would like to know the best lift kits as far as warranty goes and durability. Now i would also need a kit that can tow just as well as stock. Im thinking a 4-6" max. I have looked into carli and the 4.5 coil over with the long travel air bags, full replacement rear springs, hellwing sway bars and icon 4 link radius are replacement. Now I like BDS warranty but I just really want something i cant go off road with then when Monday come haul the 5th wheel and 7 tons hay to town. Please any input would be awesome ! One other question...Does anyone make air bags for just a 4" lift ?

· Registered
1,072 Posts
for towing i'd say 4" max and get air bags to help keep your truck level... honestly i'd do like a 2" leveling kit and 35" tires.. and firestone airbags in the rear.. that should give you 3-4 inchs more ground clearance atleast

· Registered
164 Posts
Some of the best lifts are ICON, and Carli. They are pricey too. I looked at a ICON 4.5 Stage 3, with OUO Arms and OUO traction bars and thats gonna set me back over 5K just for the lift. Not counting wheels and tires.

But you also, get what you pay for.

Im in the process of taking care of some cosmetic things first, Hid's, Spyder Headlights, painted bumpers, and stereo. Gonna wait til factory tires wear out before I jump for a lift kit.

· Premium Member
2,938 Posts
I am looking into lifting (possibly) my new truck. Its a 2013 F-350 Platinum SRW, 4x4,3.55 locker, short bed. I would like to know the best lift kits as far as warranty goes and durability. Now i would also need a kit that can tow just as well as stock. Im thinking a 4-6" max. I have looked into carli and the 4.5 coil over with the long travel air bags, full replacement rear springs, hellwing sway bars and icon 4 link radius are replacement. Now I like BDS warranty but I just really want something i cant go off road with then when Monday come haul the 5th wheel and 7 tons hay to town. Please any input would be awesome ! One other question...Does anyone make air bags for just a 4" lift ?
I would ditch the rear sway bar and the 4-link. The 4 link will free the front end too much and cause sway. Our systems operate VERY well with the factory radius arms. The rear sway bar won't allow you to take advantage of the 12" of rear wheel travel you're gaining with out system. If you run the Long Travel Airbags, run them each with their own schrader and the individually controlled pressures will be all the stability you need in the rear.

The durability of our parts is second to none and our warranty reflects that. Any parts produced by Carli (fabricated parts) carry a lifetime warranty so long as they were properly installed with a Carli Suspension system and we use the top manufacturers in the industry (King, Bilstien, Deaver) to produce the items to our specifications that aren't manufactured in house. Their warranties reflect the quality of their parts! :thumb:

Good luck with your build!

· Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Based on your wants and needs I would stick with a 4" kit. That's about the max that I would suggest for a truck that is going to tow a 5'er or goosneck.

I would also skip th coilover kit and run the Pintop kit. It rides the same and has a little more travel up front. The main advantage to the coilover kit is the ability to add the optional front bypass shocks. This is for the guys who are going to drive their trucks to within an inch of it's life on a regular basis.

I would also skip the Hellwig sway bars. By adding stiffer sway bars you are only going to ruin some of the ride improvement that you are going to get from a kit like that. The addition of the Carli LT bags will add a lot of stability in the rear for heavy loads like that.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would ditch the rear sway bar and the 4-link. The 4 link will free the front end too much and cause sway. Our systems operate VERY well with the factory radius arms. The rear sway bar won't allow you to take advantage of the 12" of rear wheel travel you're gaining with out system. If you run the Long Travel Airbags, run them each with their own schrader and the individually controlled pressures will be all the stability you need in the rear.

The durability of our parts is second to none and our warranty reflects that. Any parts produced by Carli (fabricated parts) carry a lifetime warranty so long as they were properly installed with a Carli Suspension system and we use the top manufacturers in the industry (King, Bilstien, Deaver) to produce the items to our specifications that aren't manufactured in house. Their warranties reflect the quality of their parts! :thumb:

Good luck with your build!
How well does your truck tow ?

· Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Thanks guys for the help. I think i am set on carli or BDS...again any suggestions ? Will BDS tow better ?
Since Carli doesn't use a tall 5" block in the rear I would say that it will tow a little better since you will actually be decreasing axle wrap as opposed to increasing it. I ran a Carli Mini Pack in the rear of my 08 with the stack F350 block and it towed my enclosed sled trailer really nice.

Keep in mind that just about all of the lifts/level kits on the market are designed to level the truck when near empty. Toss a heavy load on any of them an your truck will be nose high. So at that point I would suggest a set o air bags to level the truck and stabilize the load. The only problem with that is that the basic air bag kits limit the suspension travel and stiffen the ride up even when empty. For that reason I suggest the Carli LT bags.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone !

Here is my total list i have so far. What gear ratio would you guys recommend also ? At the bottom i posted a finshed product.
1. H and S tuner
2. DEF delete kit
3. DPF delete
4. EGR delete
5. 5” exhaust with Magnaflow muffler 7” black tip
6. 20” monster XD wheels in black
7. 35-37” or Goodyear wrangler Dura track tires with matching spare
8. Black low profile Tool box
9. Rhino liked bed
10. Gooseneck hitch
11. Titan fuel tank
12. Titan fuel tank skid plate
13. CB radio with PA speaker
14. Air bags for lift kit
15. On board air compressor
16. Super Duty tailgate letters(black)
17. Optima Red Top batteries
18. 3 ball drop hitch
19. Power deplorable running boards
20. Bushwhacker pocket fender flairs(color matched)
21. Warn winch that’s compatible with bumpers
22. Best 4-6” lift for towing and the long haul
(BDS, cari, pro comp, icon, etc…)
23. Hellwing Sway bars
24. Royalty core RC2 Main Grille Gloss Black(Deception emblem)
25. Outer grill color matched
26. Fusion defender front and rear bumper(rhino lined white and black, rigid LED lights)
27. Tinted headlights, turn signals and taillights(LED taillights)
28. Black loop hooks for bumpers
29. Cold air intake
30. Remove chrome tailgate cover, door handles and mirror covers
31. New gears/front and rear lockers.(rear still working with factory switch)
32. Differential covers
33. Train horns

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,357 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
I think the truck you posted in the pic has a 8 inch lift with 38s and 24 inch wheels. Sick *** truck though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.