Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how much of a lift kit I have on my truck currently. I think one of the prior owners hacked together a lift so he could run bigger tires. One of the leaf packs has one more leaf in it and it isnt even part of the actual pack (on the bottom outside of the clamps). Also, the guy removed the sway bar, didnt use a drop pitman arm, but did use a track bar drop bracket. Can someone get me some measurements of their lift kits? Like top of the tire to bottom of the fender and ground to bottom of the fender? Also, how many leaves are in the lift packs? This truck rides like a log wagon and since it seems these packs are fawked (bad bushings too), I might as well get some new ones. I am also thinking about dropping it down a few inches so I can run a 33" tire instead of a 35". My truck is my daily driver and will be used to tow a trailer, so I am hoping it would help the fuel mileage.

Here is the truck ...

Brian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are right...I will get some pics shortly.

Brian

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have an 04 F350 SRW with a 6 1/2" lift with 37's.

Front, center of hub to fender well= 32.5
Rear = 31

Stock F250 Front= 23.5
Rear = 25

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Driver side....hub to fender 30.5" Passenger side.....hub to fender 31.5

yes, there is an inch difference.

check out the lack of drop pitman, but there is a drop bracket for the track bar.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
that looks to me like a 6" lift. See how the drop track bar bracket has 2 holes? normally the upper hole is for a 4" and the lower hole is for a 6"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is what I thought. springs are miss matched. compare each leaf from each pack. The first 8 springs from top to bottom look the same, but the rest....not even close. How many leaves are usually in one of these lift springs??

Thanks
Brian

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
That I don't know. I think it's 10

·
Registered
542 Posts
My 6.5" lift has 6 leafs. The second and third pics of yours that are on the dr side have the bottom leaf from the rear of the truck on it. It is the bottom one in the pics. It shouldnt have that long thick one in there. The pass side looks to be correct. If you need anymore measurements just let me know. I have my truck and an 03 f250 and another 04 f350 SRW at my shop now doing trans swaps in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya, I really thought it was an overload spring as well. I am considering buying a new set of 4" lift springs to replace those and then take out the rear block in the rear. The rear looks like a 2" block and maybe lift springs....no idea though. I know it doesnt have the stock block.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That has definitely crossed my mind.........

Brian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finally got around to getting a new kit for the truck. I went with a pro comp 4" lift. Here is a pic of the old springs VS new springs....

I am fairly certain the new springs will settle some more and it will end up being the ideal height to run a 33ish" tire. I have not done the rear yet, but plan on it today or sometime this week, only thing I have to do is change the shocks out and take the blocks out from under the springs. I also had to put the factory steering arm back on it due to the kit having the wrong arm for my truck. It definitely turns better with less angle on the draglink, but I am sure it will be even better once I get the new drop pitman on there. The difference in the two arms were in the splines. The four flat spots on the new arm were clocked different, so it made the arm be off center. In the instructions, it notes there are 2 different style steering boxes with different different sector shafts.....of course the arm I got doesnt match my steering box, my usual luck. LOL Here is a pic of how it sits now. According to my tape measure, the rear sits 2" higher than the front and the front is 2" lower than my previous measurements.

The rear lift uses an add-a-leaf and a 1" block (depending on what factory block the truck has). Since mine has lift springs and a 2" lift block on it, I will pull the block and hope the front settles some more, so the truck sits a little *** high with no weight on it. OK, done rambling now.

Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts