Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my 4.5" lift kit and I was wondering if there is any tips anyone could offer I have never done this before, it seems pretty simple from the instructions but just looking for advice.

Thanks in advance

2008 F-350 CCLB all stock for now... Deleting and tuning with Vivian's looney street soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just did a 6 inch fabtech radius arm lift in my driveway. If your lift has a dropped pitman arm just cut the stocker off with a cutting disk. Then pull of with a puller after it is split. I broke a couple pullers trying to get mine off. Watch for the brake line on the inside of the frame rail. I cut mine. Other than that lifts are pretty straight forward. Just big bolts and heavy parts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Loctite everything. And yeah the pitman arm is a major a*s h*le

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
X2 on the pitman arm, i broke a puller as well. Got it on the second try tho , took alot of force.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am not sure whose kit you ordered, but my 4.5" kit did not require removing the pitman arm, so you may be good to go there. I did replace the track bar, that bolt was tight. Supposed to torque to 400+ ft/lbs, I just used a large cheater bar.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I guess some 4.5s come with drop pitman arm and some dont. I used a 24 or 36 pipewrench on track bar bolt, piece of pi$$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts