Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be lifting my truck here soon and not sure which way to go. I want to do an 8" Radius Arm with upgraded shocks and 37"s on 22"x14"s. The 4x4 shop knows me though and after my previous trucks thinks I should just go with a 10" and 40"s. I really don't think I want to get into driveshafts and all that though and not really sure I want to go THAT HIGH!!! Anyone with a 10" how high off the ground is your rocker? Is 8" the sweet spot on these trucks? Seems to be what I see the most of. Besides I think the extra money I'd spend on a 10" I can get a better quality 8" as I do have a wife and a budget...:frown2:

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Hmm, I guess I'd say 8" but (maybe others will correct me) pretty sure you're going to need new gears as well because 37's will look like crap on a lift that high :) I would say you need at least 40's for that to look good at all - otherwise it will look like a guy in the gym who skips leg day IMO.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm running an 8" lift on 24x12's with 38's and it is plenty big enough, originally it was a 10" lift on 38's, but I thought the fender well gap looked to big for the 38's and it was cheaper to come down 2" than buy new tires. I will tell you though, every time I pass one running a 10" lift and 40's, I sure wish I had gone bigger.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is another one they just did and to me 40"s look stuffed on a 10" lift. I don't like the stuffed look I'd say 38"s would be my limit if I went 10"

·
Registered
214 Posts
For reference, this is 10" with 38's

And this is how it sits now at 8" with 38's, it's not the best pic, truck sits dead level, even though it looks nose high in the pic.

·
Registered
174 Posts
For reference, this is 10" with 38's

And this is how it sits now at 8" with 38's, it's not the best pic, truck sits dead level, even though it looks nose high in the pic.

That's a big b!tch! 8" definitely looks better imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's a big b!tch! 8" definitely looks better imo.

Agreed, there was just way to much fender gap at 10", now it looks more proportionate.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed, there was just way to much fender gap at 10", now it looks more proportionate.
Thanks for the comparison pics! Yes the 10" is too high for me the 8" looks so much better. Think I'll stick with 8" and 37"s :grin:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6" on 37s lol

That's to stuffed for me. If I went 6" I'd only go to 35"s I've just never liked the stuffed look. Some do but but that's why they're "our" trucks. What looks amazing to one person might look hideous to someone else. I'm trying to stay kinda in the middle. 6" to low 10" to high 35"s to small 40"s to big even the 38"s look a tad big for my liking. That's why we research before spending. I only want to do this once :grin: besides what I do I'm stuck with, again I have a wife...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just to make sure you are aware, you will have to do a good bit of cutting to get those 14 wides on there. I had to do some minor trimming to fit my 12 wides, you will either have to lift more or cut more to clear a wheel that sticks out ~2"-2.5" more than my 12 wides.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I know that's coming. Hopefully not too much but I know it's gotta happen at some point.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Placing the order for the wheels today! The rest will follow soon hopefully...

·
Registered
214 Posts
8 inch version looms amazing man. Which lift did you go with for that one or is it just coils replaced?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The lift is a Mcgaughy's 8" lift, with Fabtech lifted leafs instead of the AAL. Originally I had a 2" bottom coil spacer added to it and a 4" block in the back, I just removed the 2" spacer and swapped to a 2" block in the back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts