Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am going to make a run at puttin the lift on this week, i bought it and i didn't get any instructions just a box of stuff anyhow i am pretty sure i can do it. I was wondering if anyone had installed a 8" superlift on an early '99 before and if so do you guys have any tips or pics that might be of use, wish me luck.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Get a puller for the pitman arm. It can be a real b*tch without one.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I did the 10 inch Superlift on my Late 99 think the only difference is the pitman arm but installion should be the same. Its pretty straight forward if you have done suspension stuff before. You'll need a good impact, a buddy for the heavy leaves, some jack stands, pitman arm puller, and sometimes if the u-bolts are all froze-up you'll need a torch or die grinder to cut them off.

Its a time consuming job but not very hard worst part is getting loose any froze up bolts and the trac bar is extremely tight I used a 3/4inch drive rachet and a long piece of pipe to break mine loose.

Tip: the front bolts on the front leave springs were put in from the back side from the factory and on mine I had to remove the bottom radiator supports to remove those bolts and when I put them back in I put them in from the front side so I didn't have to go through that again if I ever took apart again

I would also checkout Superlift's website I bet you can print out install instruction's from there site

Hope this helps

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i got the instructions and i crossed all the part numbers and it turns out that the lift i have is for the late 99 so i guess i need the pitman arm for my truck but i was wondering if i could use the rest of the lift or is there other parts that wont fit?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i called superlift today and i need the pitman arm, track bar bracket, and ubolts for the front witch i was already counting on all new ubolts. and they said i could order all of that seperatly so i guess im gonna wait for all these parts to come in.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Yep, pitman arm is different and the early 99 trac bar uses smaller bolts so the trac bar bracket is needed.

Definitely wait for them to come in since you can't complete installation without them.

I would recommend spraying everything the day before with PB Blaster to help it soak in. Also a handheld torch can be used to loosen the loctite on a lot of the bolts from the factory.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys this stinks i really wanted to get it al together this week i got these rims tires and shocks that look really nice just sittin in my garage

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not being sarcastic but you said its in the garage, make sure you have enough room to get the truck out after installing that mauch lift. Ask me how I know sucks when the hardest part of the job is getting the truck back out.:doh:

·
Registered
295 Posts
:hehe::rofl::hehe::rofl::hehe::rofl:

all laughing aside, i cant imagine what that was like

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the advise one of the guys i work with made that mistake on his and he barely got it out with the stock tires almost all the way deflated. i am getting a bay over at the auto hobby shop here on base.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts