Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking about a 4" or 6" lift and some bigger tires (37"-38") on my stock '08. Anyone know what effect I can expect from these mods on my MPG? I'm averaging about 15 mpg know with a fairly congested morning commute.

BTW, what can I expect to pay for the lift itself? I haven't even started looking.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
if your even gonna worry about fuel mileage....don't do it.

At some point, you just need to do what you want....and make yourself happy.

I have a DR 4.5" lift on my 05....with 41" Iroks....and I will never give a flying F**k about fuel mileage....I drive what I want, how I want,...when I want.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I would think you would drop to 11MPGsto 13MPG. If you are worried about fuel milage, Dont do it like they said. Tires wheels lift ect will run you anywhere from 5-10K if you want it done right. on a 4-8" Lift.

if your even gonna worry about fuel mileage....don't do it.

At some point, you just need to do what you want....and make yourself happy.

I have a DR 4.5" lift on my 05....with 41" Iroks....and I will never give a flying F**k about fuel mileage....I drive what I want, how I want,...when I want.
Did you cut the finderwells or do you have a 14.5" lift. It took 28.5" of lift so I could fit 49" IROKS

·
Registered
333 Posts
yesterday was my first road trip about an hour. i just put my 35x14.50 superswampers w/ 22x11's and i was surprised with my mpg's . I averaged 14.6/ 15.0 doing 60 to 65 mph.

·
Registered
818 Posts
yesterday was my first road trip about an hour. i just put my 35x14.50 superswampers w/ 22x11's and i was surprised with my mpg's . I averaged 14.6/ 15.0 doing 60 to 65 mph.
you should do that Job #2 Front valance/air damn whatever its called.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I would think you would drop to 11MPGsto 13MPG. If you are worried about fuel milage, Dont do it like they said. Tires wheels lift ect will run you anywhere from 5-10K if you want it done right. on a 4-8" Lift.

Did you cut the finderwells or do you have a 14.5" lift. It took 28.5" of lift so I could fit 49" IROKS

4.5"....and Bushwacker cut-outs....41" IROKS

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 6'' fabtech lift with 37" pro comp X-terrains and the gas mileage went down some but otherwise its not that big of a deal if you baby the pedal. don't get the same tires as me because I absolutely hate them and I would recommend the toyo m/t's. I spent around 5k for everything and that is with 20" rims.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I put on a 4.5 revtek lift and 20's on 35 toyo M/T's and just got back from a 1k mile weekend trip and i averaged 14.3 with 3.73 gearing. Not bad in my mind, considering our highways in alaska are like beat down backroads in the lower 48.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Keep in mind the extra wear it will put on ball joints, wheel bearings, ujoints, brakes, trans. etc.

Before my wife started driving the f250 I drove 100+ miles a day and it was always something. She doesn't drive near as much so it's not quite so bad now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
6" pro comp lift with Lateral bars in the rear, with 22" 37X13.5 Extream Grapplers. I lost 1 MPG on the highway... no big deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
6" pro comp lift with Lateral bars in the rear, with 22" 37X13.5 Extream Grapplers. I lost 1 MPG on the highway... no big deal.
Any pics you guys have of your mods would be greatly appreciated. I wanna see what a 4" to 6" lift and bigger-than-stock-35" tires would actually look like on my rig.

Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Any pics you guys have of your mods would be greatly appreciated. I wanna see what a 4" to 6" lift and bigger-than-stock-35" tires would actually look like on my rig.

Thanks!

here you go...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
i lost about 1.5mpg in town and about 2.5 highway

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I did my DPF delete, and lift/tires at the same time...so I actually gained MPG...

But I would expect to lose around 2mpg with 37's

I had a 6" lift with 37's...looked good...8" with 37's, looked better....9" now...38x15.50's should be on by first of next week...waiting on new wheels...should look amazing!

·
Registered
44 Posts
i lost about 2-2.5 mixed driving

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did my DPF delete, and lift/tires at the same time...so I actually gained MPG...

But I would expect to lose around 2mpg with 37's

I had a 6" lift with 37's...looked good...8" with 37's, looked better....9" now...38x15.50's should be on by first of next week...waiting on new wheels...should look amazing!
Pahrump,

What exactly are you doing to go from 6" to 8" to 9"?? Is it just blocks and coil spacers?? Interested to see some pics once you're done putting on those 38's.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts