Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What state are you from and where do you run plates? The back, front or both? I'm from Missouri and we run both here unless you are licensed 18,000 lbs (I believe) then you just run in the front. What im getting at is on a truck shouldnt you only run front plates? It makes sense because you'll be towing and wont be able to see the fronts. I lived in NC for about a year and they only ran 1 plate in the back, never made sense to me. Just wanted to see what yall thought too!

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Were supposed to run on both.... But my quad foglights take priority so my front plate is in my center console:rofl:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm in Utah and law requires front and rear. It is a secondary offense which means you can't be stopped only for missing one or the other but it is often tacked on to a citation when stopped for something else.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Were supposed to run on both.... But my quad foglights take priority so my front plate is in my center console:rofl:
haha im thinking about doing the quad fog light and just running no plate! im from missouri and i drove on expired plates for over a year and nobody noticed! so forget it who needs plates hahaha

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
What state are you from and where do you run plates? The back, front or both? I'm from Missouri and we run both here unless you are licensed 18,000 lbs (I believe) then you just run in the front. What im getting at is on a truck shouldnt you only run front plates? It makes sense because you'll be towing and wont be able to see the fronts. I lived in NC for about a year and they only ran 1 plate in the back, never made sense to me. Just wanted to see what yall thought too!
where are you from in missouri? send me a pm sometime maybe we can get together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm from the Peoples Republik Of Kalifornia, and we have to run plates front and rear.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ontario Canada you run front and back.. Pickup truck gets your sticker on the front plate for when you pull a trailer.. Cars sticker goes on the back.

I moved to Alberta and here we only run one plate.. And it's aways on the back

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
The northeast is mostly a two plate group of states. I got stopped in mass for not having my front plate on even though I lived in VT? Go figure. When I lived in FL a few years back we only got one plate. That was nice :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,812 Posts
I'm from the Peoples Republik Of Kalifornia, and we have to run plates front and rear.
Yep - live in CA also - I got both!

CHP up here check apparently - Several different times I've seen them have someone pulled over and they're up front pointing at where the plate is supposed to be. I saw a new Camaro, didn't even see a place for a plate. :dunno:

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
California here also. My front place came off by accident, holder and all :look:
Same thing happened on my expedition. The only time I've gotten bother about it was when it was parked on the street in front of my house while I was at work. $56 fine, $10 if you get it corrected.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where are you from in missouri? send me a pm sometime maybe we can get together.
Im from liberty east of kc, well east and north I think? haha What about you?

·
Registered
36 Posts
VA front and rear. Got my front tucked up under the rad support... Haven't gotten stopped yet but its still ugly there. Gonna try to hide it somewhere relatively legal soon

·
Registered
130 Posts
Pennsylvania is a single plate state....:thumb:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The northeast is mostly a two plate group of states. I got stopped in mass for not having my front plate on even though I lived in VT? Go figure. When I lived in FL a few years back we only got one plate. That was nice :thumb:
yeah missouri only gave me one.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
to give you a general idea im around the Foristell exit on I-70

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i got a few buddies i work with... one is on this site. hes a friend in my profile and i got some other people i know locally. got any on your end?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts