Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I've decided that I should have gotten a 4" lift instead of a leveling kit :doh: Anyway, my question is, what can I add to what I have to make it a 4" lift?

Edit: I guess it would help to tell you that my leveling kit consisted of front replacement springs and new shocks....

·
Registered
409 Posts
in my experiences... a 4" lift.

or a body lift, but that's a lesser option.

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in my experiences... a 4" lift.

or a body lift, but that's a lesser option.
A body lift is out of the question. I guess what I'm asking is can I throw some blocks out back and a hanger kit on the front? Tell me of your experiences so I know what I'm getting myself into.....

·
Registered
409 Posts
my experiences are all with jeeps as I used to work at a jeep dealership. guys go from a 2" up to a 6 or something. Those being coils etc is a bit different. They always needed longer shocks.

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my experiences are all with jeeps as I used to work at a jeep dealership. guys go from a 2" up to a 6 or something. Those being coils etc is a bit different. They always needed longer shocks.
That's another thing, I wonder if my shocks are long enough :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Front:
2" hanger and shackle,
Front Box kit (trac bar bracket, pitman arm, etc...)
Bumpstop spacers
Shocks

Rear:
Blocks
u-bolts
Shocks.

The shocks will depend on what ones you currently have. I know with Bilsteins it would be different as they have a 1-3" shock and then a 3-6" lift shock.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I thought you said it was leveled with new springs? My old truck had 2inch springs on it. I then added a pro comp spring hanger kit for a total of 4 inches of lift.

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front:
2" hanger and shackle,
Front Box kit (trac bar bracket, pitman arm, etc...)
Bumpstop spacers
Shocks

Rear:
Blocks
u-bolts
Shocks.

The shocks will depend on what ones you currently have. I know with Bilsteins it would be different as they have a 1-3" shock and then a 3-6" lift shock.
Thanks DC, you answered the question that I forgot to ask :doh: So, it's ok to add a hanger and shackle kit to what I have? It's not gonna have anything out of whack or at any funky angles?

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought you said it was leveled with new springs? My old truck had 2inch springs on it. I then added a pro comp spring hanger kit for a total of 4 inches of lift.
I can't tell if we're on the same page or not :tard: <--Me :hehe:

The front of my truck sat several inches lower than the back. I bought replacement leveling spring and now it sits perfectly level. I want the whole truck to sit about 2" higher than it does now :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Thanks DC, you answered the question that I forgot to ask :doh: So, it's ok to add a hanger and shackle kit to what I have? It's not gonna have anything out of whack or at any funky angles?
As long as it's a hanger and shackle you'll be fine. If you only did a shackle without a matching hanger then you'd lower the pinion angle and change the caster some.

For a 2" we have the RCD which is very well built.....but not in the webstore.
There also is the BDS 2.5"
Icon makes a 3"
and Icon makes a 4.5" :D

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As long as it's a hanger and shackle you'll be fine. If you only did a shackle without a matching hanger then you'd lower the pinion angle and change the caster some.

For a 2" we have the RCD which is very well built.....but not in the webstore.
There also is the BDS 2.5"
Icon makes a 3"
and Icon makes a 4.5" :D
I'll have to check them out :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts