Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone leveled their F450? Like to see pics. Does it decrease your tow capacity?

·
Administrator
21,550 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
??:dunno:??

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know anything about Kelderman, other than being very expensive, they are the only company out there that truly offers components for the F450. Carli suspension only has stuff for the F250/350 and they say it will work with the F450, but its not made for the heavy truck. Furthermore, I don't know if I'd feel safe hauling 30,000 lbs down the road with suspension that is inferior

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like my only path is Kelderman. They specifically build lifts for the F450, and all the components are rated for the truck.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Wheels

So the suspension is only the first part.

Next part is new wheels, can't just get new tires for the stock wheels, got to get whole new wheels because the stock wheels are only meant to have the stock tires on them. This F450 is a whole different animal. It really is a lot different than the F350 dually.

So I have to get either 6.5 inch or 7.5 in (width) wheels to get larger sized tires for my F450, I'm guessing that aftermarket would be the wiser choice than Ford, money wise at least.

Anyone have ideas on where to get these wheels?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wheels can be widened. Unfortunately Eric Vaughn has retired. He did wheels for me many years ago and his work was as good as it gets. Somebody else will step up to fill the gap, but Eric's 40+ years of experience will take a while to replace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts