Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in June I posted about taking my first road trip with my new truck. Needless to say I didn't make it out of the drive way. The batteries we're dead due to the bridge on the alternator going out. Well gonna try it again going to be leaving today heading to the beach on vacation. Round trip is going to be around a thousand miles. Got the oil and filter changed last week along with both fuel filter and replaced the rear diff. Fluid. Also got the Zoodad mod done. So needless to say I'm really looking forward to seeing how the truck is gonna do.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Enjoy the beach!! :nod:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh hey, I certainly wish you luck. I took my new to me F250 PSD on it's first road trip pulling our 8000lbs camper last week. Everything went well but I must admit I was a little anxious till we got home.

Again, good luck with it. :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Have a nice trip.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we made the trip down with no problems. Kept a close eye on my EOT & ECT temps and everything looked real good. On average temps stayed around 8 to 10 degrees difference running 70 mph with the A/C on and outside temps in the 90's. Used a little over a half tank of fuel so averaged between 17-18 mpg's.

And to answer the question on which beach it Myrtle Beach SC.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts