Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, like the title? lol anyways well first off let me tell you about my truck. I have a 97 f350 psd with 3" dp and 4" straight exhaust. I have an afe air intake, and a ts 6 pos chip. Basically what i am asking is how can i blow more smoke. I know its a waste of fuel but the only reason im really looking for this is because on fridays and saturdays we go to this long strip of road where basically everyone goes (mostly ricers) and just cruise and race. Some people are against this but hey kids will be kids. Anyways I pretty much blow everyone that trys and races because this powerstroke just hauls. My question is what kind of upgrades and stuff can i do to just blow a line of smoke in the ricers windows lol. My friend with his cummins can do it, but i see few powerstrokes blowing lines of smoke. i plan on doing many upgrades to my truck such as injectors and other things. Alls im asking is where should i start to acheive my goal? is it even achiveable? By the way im not some punk kid with a powerstroke that ilkes to race and beat on it, im a farmboy and me and my buddies get a kick out of beating little ricers. hope to hear from you all.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
first off WELCOME!!!! im sure someone will help ya soon i just bought the TS chip im planning to some some ricers but mostly with the speed

·
Registered
62 Posts
get some new Injectors

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi thanks for teh welcome, and i think you will be happy with ts because it makes a big difference and i like it alot

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
If you really want to get some smoke out of an obs go with the Stage 1 injectors the cheapest would be the DIY stage 1s, but make sure if you do that you have your trans beefed up and some gauges installed, but if you do this you will have no problem filling ricers with smoke just make sure you get your ts chip reburned to recognize the larger injectors and maybe go with some tony wildman tunes with a smoke tune

and welcome to the org!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks your information has helped a ton already. Also i was planning on buying injectors. I was looking at the diys for like almost 900 but then i was on ats diesel website the other day and tehy were only like 550 dollars. Does taht sound right. Also what do you reccommend on doing to my trans. The guy i bought it from im pretty sure beefed it up but i could be wrong, what is there that i could do. also do you reccomend head studs possibly? thats another thing i was looking at. They were almost 800 for arps, but then when i was on ats they were only like 500, is there soemtihng im not seeing or are they just cheap?

·
Registered
62 Posts
not trying to hi jack but PSDO389 sounds like you got yourself a bad azz obs stroker

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
nothings cheap bro you own a FORD DIESEL

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well what i was asking is ats a lower quality product or would i be fine paying less for there products.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
i know im just giving you a hard time

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey there i jsut relized i have not been looking at diy injectors i have been looking at beans injectors. Correct me if i am wrong. I was just on the rosewood diesel site look at diys and it said they are only 250 dollars. Is this correct? Do you just rebuild the stock ones or what?

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
97Powersmoker I would stay away from ATS a lot of their stuff is too overpriced for the quality. If you want DIYs for a good price I would talk to Jim Rosewood and check out his site DIY-Injectors.com he has the best deals for injectors. As for head studs they aren't neccesary unless you are stepping up to stage 2s really. For the transmission if its automatic I would get a torque converter and valve body and if it is manual then you need to upgrade the clutch. What might also be a good idea for airflow and cooling is an intercooler and maybe a bigger turbo like the D66. Hope this helps!

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
hey there i jsut relized i have not been looking at diy injectors i have been looking at beans injectors. Correct me if i am wrong. I was just on the rosewood diesel site look at diys and it said they are only 250 dollars. Is this correct? Do you just rebuild the stock ones or what?
That is the correct price on the DIYs it is a kit to rebuild your stock injectors or for more you can send them to him for him to do. Beans injectors are a very good option as well, I am going with beans injectors in the future and am contemplating between the stage 1s or smaller injectors but now that I am going to install and intercooler I am going to beef up my tranny and probably go with stage 1s.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks pds0389, you have helped alot so far. I have been kinda looking at intercoolers, but im not so sure whats good or whats better. Do you reccomend a certain one, or lets say whats out there price range wise?

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I just bought a guys intercooler from his 01 7.3 who is on the forum for 125 shipped. Personally I think that is the way to go. I am going to fab up my own tubing and make my own mounting brackets, but if you dont want to do that you can get everything besides the intercooler from banks for 580. I would try to get a used intercooler and if you dont want to fab up your own tubes get the kit from banks. The stock superduty intercoolers work great on OBS trucks and doing it this way is a much better price than the full kit from banks for 1600 or other places for 1100.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Injectors are definitely worth the money. You will need them in order to make yourself proud when you smoke a ricer. Rosewoods kit starts at $250, but for a little more, you can get pre-machined intensifier pistons to cut down on your down time. I went with a Wildman chip and stage 1 DIY's with pistons and spare parts for less than $1000. It gave me about 100 more HP, so it's not bad money for the power increase.

I have a Banks intercooler, but a SD cooler is a great choice for the money.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey thanks guys. I have a ts chip, and i was wondering where do it send it to, to get it reburned? thanks

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Raul at stealth automotive reburns ts chips with the tony wildman tunes for 150 and those are custom tunes that are much better than the generic ts tunes

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
hey thanks guys. I have a ts chip, and i was wondering where do it send it to, to get it reburned? thanks
Tony Wildman is the way to go, especially for upgraded injectors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts