Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...called "what size are these couplings?"
(the orange ones, only 1 shown in pic). I'm tired of it dirtying up my engine bay, gonna replace with a silicone version.

On a side note, I replaced my 4 drivers side glow plugs, gonna do the passenger side tomorrow. Anyone have any tips to make the passenger side easier with the lessened clearance? I'm already pleased with how much better the truck starts up. I feel like it runs smoother too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
^^thanks for the quick reply. Ya, I figured that's what was causing it. The oem boots are cheap. I'm probably just going to buy mine from here though: 3.00 ID x 6.00 L CAC NX500-3SS Rings-RustOrange [72-CAC-NX.300-600-4NX-3SS Rings-Rust Orange] - $22.64 : HoseTechniques Silicone Turbo Hose, Buy Direct from Manufacturer, Best Quality / Best Price - Hose Techniques established 1983 - Quality, Perform

I've got an obs. Would it still be 3"? The ones in the link you provided are for superduty trucks

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
No. They are 2" on the OBS.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Yeah, I saw that thread a few days back. I wouldn't be too concerned about going as far as the espar/proheat route. I've started my trucks in -20F not plugged in before. If your injectors, high pressure oil, batteries, starter, and glow plug system are in good shape you should have no problem starting in the cold. Use 10W30 oil as well to reduce the drag on the starter. If you're set on a preheat system, keep an eye on ebay. I saw one used/rebuilt 45,000 BTU system that had an opening bid of 390 and nobody touched it. It would have fit under a longbed and would have been overkill, but at that price a guy can live with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts