Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
1,627 Posts
People just slam on their brakes...then when they get a ticket in the mail for failure to yield to emergency vehicle...they go to court and tell the judge oh I didn't seem them or their not going to an emergency..lol these stupid judges here actually believe the **** they say n dismiss the ticket

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
People really dont give a $h!t about emergency vehicles, police oh sure everyone slows down because they dont want a ticket, but ambulances and fire trucks, its like they're deaf and blind.
The other day I was driving through town and I heard the ambulance over my scanner, dispatched for a code 1 medical call, think for an overdose, I heard it and saw the lights, I pulled over only to have 2 cars behind me go around me, and not pullover for the ambulance. one of them finally pulled over, actually I think the ambulance bumped them, I wouldve. The other one had to be passed on the otherside, and the driver actually honked at the ambulance, like he is really be inconvienced. God some people just need to be shot.

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
I was on the beltway outside of DC the other NIGHT and with light traffic, NOBODY would move for what seemed like forever :mad: (probably about a good 45 seconds to a minute) I was blocked in from lane 1 all the way over AND my car has excessive lights/strobes/wig-wags to use in conjunction with my siren. Guess what happened when they finally noticed I was there? ...I'm sure you guessed: Everybody slowed and almost stopped before they cleared a path. MD/DC/VA drivers are the worst.
People just slam on their brakes...then when they get a ticket in the mail for failure to yield to emergency vehicle...they go to court and tell the judge oh I didn't seem them or their not going to an emergency..lol these stupid judges here actually believe the **** they say n dismiss the ticket
People really dont give a $h!t about emergency vehicles, police oh sure everyone slows down because they dont want a ticket, but ambulances and fire trucks, its like they're deaf and blind.
The other day I was driving through town and I heard the ambulance over my scanner, dispatched for a code 1 medical call, think for an overdose, I heard it and saw the lights, I pulled over only to have 2 cars behind me go around me, and not pullover for the ambulance. one of them finally pulled over, actually I think the ambulance bumped them, I wouldve. The other one had to be passed on the otherside, and the driver actually honked at the ambulance, like he is really be inconvienced. God some people just need to be shot.
You aint lie'n. It seems like lately people pull over more quickly for the medic or the engine if they DONT have any lights or siren on then if they do. People just rideing along with thing big loud Band-Aid box behind them honkin the air horn with a siren goin and lights flashing enough to cause a disco flash mob to pop out of the bushes and they just are tunnel visioned in on whats in front of them or in there center consol or on the radio or something.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts