Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too all Volunteer FFs/EMTs, and other people who have your trucks decked out in emergency lights. Show em off.

im a volunteer FF from nj

Here is a vid
4 Whelen LIN3 in the grills
SpeedTechLights Quad Pro on the lower windshield
Whelen Dual Avenger on the top windshield
Galls Wigwag boz
More lights going on the sides and rear of the toolbox soon.
and a siren :woot:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok here is a link since idk how to embed

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now this works :doh:

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
Pretty sick looking, but I willing to bet it still doesn't clear any traffic, cause no one cares about fire trucks or responders, only the cops.:thumb:

Anyways,
My lights:
2X Whelen Slimlighters on front windshield
8 90Watt strobes 4frnt/4rear
1X Whelen Dual Predator on back window
Whelen 295SL 100 Siren/PA
soon Whelen Traffic Advisor for back

will try to get a vid tomorrow.

James

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
One of these days I'll get around to adding a light to my rear window in the off chance I come up on a wreck before emergency crews arrive.

But in Texas only Fire Fighters can run woo woo's on POV's....not EMT's :sad:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it clears traffic pretty well. The wigwags make a ton of difference during the day. I just need rear and side stuff and ill be done. I passed up a combo deal of a Federal Signal Vecor and a 2nd parts bar for 150 bucks:doh::tard:

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
Lights on the box I think would look good, but don't get the Whelen Mirror lights, they really only look good on cop cars.:thumb:

James.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Lights on the box I think would look good, but don't get the Whelen Mirror lights, they really only look good on cop cars.:thumb:

James.
I've seen a guy that put lights on his tool box. He spent a long time making it right but man it looked GOOD.

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
I had lights on my tool box , good place for them as long as there done right. my jeep I have now

·
Registered
599 Posts
for me, its really weird to see blue lights being used. up here in Maine blue is law enforcement only. we have to run red lights.

i had a nice set up in my F150 , but i stripped it out the other day so i could trade it in for a stroker. I hope to get my lights installed on that pretty soon.

·
Registered
599 Posts
our laws in maine are stupid. as a firefighter we are allowed 1 dashlight OR 2 grill lights. and thats it. but as a plow truck you can have corner strobes, full light bars (amber/clear including one rear facing RED light) and air horns. tell me thats not messed up!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I need to upload some pictures and videos so that you guys can see what kind of christmas tree on crack i am driving down the road... probably overkill... but it sure does work a lot better than my set up on the previous truck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's my new setup with Atomic LED Emergency Responder Series cab lights, a dash mount and I also have hideaways in the headlights you can't see in the video : ) Going to start on the back end next.

·
Registered
599 Posts
this picture isn't an adequate representation of what I have on for lights as the camera shutter speed was too slow to catch a lot of the lights

·
Registered
89 Posts
Another video at dusk :D

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,519 Posts
Those cab lights are pretty slick! Is it standard in Canada for FF/EMTs to have green? It is different from state to state in America but how is it up there? In Maryland, green is to signify Incident Command (primarily FD), blue: LEOs (only in government vehicles and NEVER POVs), red: FF/EMTs (primarily Line Officers), red/blue again for Law Enforcement, purple: funeral details, amber: any and everybody

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those cab lights are pretty slick! Is it standard in Canada for FF/EMTs to have green? It is different from state to state in America but how is it up there? In Maryland, green is to signify Incident Command (primarily FD), blue: LEOs (only in government vehicles and NEVER POVs), red: FF/EMTs (primarily Line Officers), red/blue again for Law Enforcement, purple: funeral details, amber: any and everybody
Not sure about all of Canada but in Ontario anyway we use green for FF's personal vehicle responding to a call, red on fire trucks/ambulance, red/blue for police, blue for snow plow, purple for funeral, amber for hydro/construction/towing, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Delaware is blue lights for fire police and fire and ems chiefs. Firefighters can run wig wags (head light flashers). I have seen some non-line officers run all sorts of clear lights. Everything is legal until you get caught :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts