Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm trying to decide if I want to do a 6.5" lift or an 8" lift on my girl. I do pull a trailer, but only a tag behind. I also do drag race and hook to the sleds for fun and I know any lift will slow her up greatly but I'm not too worried about it.

I just would like to see everyones 6.5" lifts and 8" lifts on 99-03 Crew cab long beds and please list what type lift, size tries you run, and if you pull trailers with it or not too! I'm trying to work on a college students budget here.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
6" tuff country, 37" tires, stock gears...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Anyone else wanna help?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Before:

After:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! I really think I'm leaning more towards the 8in lift. Just wondering, how much did your wheels and tires set you back? I'm looking at the Open Countrys just I know they are expensive.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think they were about $2300 for both. Now I need to regear :-(

·
Registered
72 Posts
8in in the front that is about to be a 10in and 10in in the rear. i still pull 16000lbs on a bumper trailer and i still hook up to the sled. dont know what it will do on the track yet, just ordered a new trans and changed the gears. cant wait to find out tho. it ran 15.5 before. just remember. costs a lot to go big. a lot more wear and tear and there is a lot more to be upgraded then just buying the lift kit. if ya want more specs let me know or pm me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is pretty much my ideal truck. I basically never see this in a CC and if it is, it's got duallies. I'll take one with a 4" lift, please and thank you.

Seriously nice rig though!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful rigs everyone! Thanks!

·
Registered
331 Posts
One thing you could do is get a 6" lift then if its not enough get some 2.5" leveling shackles for the front and a 2" block for the rear to make it an 8" if you want more lift. That also givesyou the option to lower it down later on if you want. Thats what my truck has, not a long bed though.

6.5" Pro Comp w/ the above set up, 37" Kuhmo M/T's with 20" Eagle '064's. All i pull is a 16' utility trailer for my quads.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

there ya go. yes she sees it all except the drag strip. . . ten inch lift 38's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts