Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This damn truck!! It just never ends. I get it back yesterday from spending $1400 on it because of the EGR cooler, and now tonight the alternator craps out on me and leaves me stranded on the road. The place that sold me the truck really took me to the cleaners on this one! I can barely enjoy the thing for 24 hours...

Never again...

/rant

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I feel your pain brotha... But I guess it's the beauty of owning a seven year old truck. It's life. I know of mine leaves me stranded again I will be trading in for a 6.4, no matter how bad I wanna keep this thing.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
I feel your pain brotha... But I guess it's the beauty of owning a seven year old truck. It's life. I know of mine leaves me stranded again I will be trading in for a 6.4, no matter how bad I wanna keep this thing.

Quitter :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: You should hear my stories :woot:

·
Registered
227 Posts
georgia - I "LOL'd" at your pic. that is too funny!

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Mine's only left me stranded once, but there has been a lot of blood, sweat and tears shed on this truck because of the problems it has given me.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Quitter :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: You should hear my stories :woot:
Haha yeah Rescue, vie heard a few :hehe:

I probably won't bail on the 6.0 cuz it's already paid off, and that's hard to beat :woot:

But I agree with the love/hate relationship. I love her to death when she runs :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
PAID OFF !!!!! Me too, thats the only reason i still mine..HAHA,,just kidding. Me and old red go way back..We have alot of history together.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what you guys mean on the love/hate relationship....

I have never had one as bad with any vehicle I have owned as bad as I do with this one.

I can't imangine the feeling of having this thing paid off... I just got into this thing and I'm already upside down on it with all the money I've poured into it. It's rediculous. Still wish there was a way to shove this thing up the dealers arse that sold it to me...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I feel your pain also, never had a vehicle that required me to spend so much time on forums trying to learn how to keep this thing on the road. In the same boat as some of you it's almost paid off, actually would have been by now had I not just dumped $3,800 in studs and egr delete. However from what I have seen you have to pick your poison with these newer diesels. Have friends that drive all three brands and it seems it is alot of stories of egr issues, front ends, and injectors. Even if I decided to get rid of it I have no idea what would replace it.

·
Drivin the 6.mOney pit
1,672 Posts
I feel your pain also, never had a vehicle that required me to spend so much time on forums trying to learn how to keep this thing on the road. In the same boat as some of you it's almost paid off, actually would have been by now had I not just dumped $3,800 in studs and egr delete. However from what I have seen you have to pick your poison with these newer diesels. Have friends that drive all three brands and it seems it is alot of stories of egr issues, front ends, and injectors. Even if I decided to get rid of it I have no idea what would replace it.
A 2011 f250??? lol:woot:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I just picked mine up that left me stranded 3 hours away from home, with trailer and bikes. One piece of advice, ESP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESP!!!!!!!!!! I have owned my rig for a couple months and its almost paid for itself already. Even the tow was free.
FYI, it was the STC and IPR sol that left me with a no start at after filling up.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I love all the newer Super Duty trucks. But with all the crap they have going on as far as computers and emissions you would be insane to own anything newer than a 2003 7.3L without a warranty

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I also have the ESP. Boy, it has paid for itself twice :hehe:

I've racked up about an $8,000 tab for Ford to take care of.

·
Drivin the 6.mOney pit
1,672 Posts
Yeah I just had a new alternator and turbo put on mine...already paid for itself..

Once day I would love to drop a CR 5.9 cummins in this thing without all that emissions crap the 6.7 cummins has.

The CR 5.9 is just a simple engine without all of the emissions and crap of ALL the newer diesels.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The 2011 6.7 would be nice but the ??? marks are what keep me from considering it at this time. I learned a valuable lesson about buying a new unproven powerplant with this 6.0

1 - 16 of 16 Posts