Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pondering a set of smoked/black LED tail lights for my black 08 250, trying to find a set that doesn't look ricey without much luck yet....any pictures/recommendations?? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
If anyone is ordering Recon you can use Promo Code FB15 and get15% off your order. The recons are the nicest ones you will find.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Recon's are for sure the best looking LED lights out there for trucks, I love mine, really sets it apart from others IMO

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
MUdrunninpig has a set we installed on his 06 dually. they look SHARP!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Recons - I had them on my hemi Ram for two years. No problems and I am thinking about getting them for my Ford. I am using the Line of Fire 60" tailgate lighs that I took off the Ram and re-installed on the Ford and they are still perfect.

I think Jesse Rohr has a set for sale. Never installed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you're buying LED's to buy LED's go RECON. if you just want 'em smoked, do it yourself. Niteshades $12 a can

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Id go Recon with out a doubt.

If you decide to get some LEDs i may take your stockers off your hands. they would look sweet on my truck. Let me know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies, looks like Recon wins by a long shot!!! So, the next question, wheres the best place to get a good deal online for them?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, looks like Recon wins by a long shot!!! So, the next question, wheres the best place to get a good deal online for them?
If you order direct from recon and use code fb15 you will get 15 percent off the order.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
also check with Raul on here (Stealth Automotive) he carries Recon products.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I put a set of LED's in my stock tails... Turned out really nice.

If any of you '08 guys want to sell/trade me your stock ones, that'd be awesome!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I also made my own LED taillights using some oval led truck/trailer lights. I just cut out the back of my stock taillight housing and glued in the led's. They were about $23 each at my IH dealer.

The taillights look perfectly stock until I hit the brakes and then they are BRIGHT!!!

Here's a pic from wwen I was installing the led's:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts