·
Registered
11,152 Posts
what does all that mean?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wat it says, I'm wantin to make my own LED brake lights/convert my brake lights to led

Sent from my junk EVO 3D using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Just get a bulb?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must not understand, I want to make my own and have a lot of LEDs not just a bulb with a few LEDs.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
You wanna make it recon style. That'd be hard. You'll need a circuit board and integrate LEDs into it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I seen a thread on it for a BMW but the way the guy did it was a lil diff. I'll prob try and find it and read through it agian and see. If I find ill repost it on here

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I've been wanting to do this myself.. but what i've been thinking is that if you just put the trailer lights in the normal tail light housing you wont really be able to see all the leds. but i have thought about getting tailights like these and doing it with them since the lens is smooth.. if that makes sense :look:

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
It can be done, just takes a lot of time and patience

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
so how did you get those led's to be dim with the running lights and brighter with the brake lights? :dunno:

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Pretty much installed a resistor so the LEDs were at maximum rated current/voltage for the brake/signal. I added another resistor so they would be dimmer for the park light.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Pretty much installed a resistor so the LEDs were at maximum rated current/voltage for the brake/signal. I added another resistor so they would be dimmer for the park light.
ok. The only part i'm not sure about is if you have your park lights on then put on the brakes does that make the current/voltage through the led's higher than if you had the park lights off and hit the brakes?

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
One common trick for combining tail and stop lights into one housing with LEDs is to illuminate just some of the LEDs in the array on the parking light (taillight) circuit, and illuminate all of them on the stop/turn circuit.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Ok so i read that i need a load equalizer with led's or else my cruise control and TC wont work right.. can somebody explain that?? :tard:

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
You need the load equalizer/ballast resistors, since the PCM uses the ground returning through the bulb filament when the brake is off to confirm the brake light circuit is complete.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Those are awesome how did you make them?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
here's some pics
this is the tail light with the lense and red reflectors taken off

this is the lense once it used the vht red night shade to tint it

this is the board when i was fitting it to the light

this is the back of the led panel

this is the front of the led panel

passenger led kinda from the side

entire back of truck
and i followed that link from the bmw forum you posted to wire them