Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. So I have run into a slight dilemma, and it is driving me crazy. I have a 20” Rigid Industries E-Series light bar mounted on my truck (‘06), and the wiring harness that was included (light bar connector, relay, and rocker switch). Everything is prewired - positive and ground meant for battery, three wires (full time pos, grnd, and switched pos) meant for rocker switch, and the pos and grd connector for the light bar.
I need guidance on how to properly connect everything so I can use my brights with/without the light bar coming on. This is more or less for convenience, but also for improved functionality.
I would prefer to use the existing harness, so as to avoid purchasing more parts.
Can anyone tell me what exactly I need to connect/cap off and where? I have found one diagram, but it does not show a battery connection at all. Just upfitter and high beam connections.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all. So I have run into a slight dilemma, and it is driving me crazy. I have a 20” Rigid Industries E-Series light bar mounted on my truck (‘06), and the wiring harness that was included (light bar connector, relay, and rocker switch). Everything is prewired - positive and ground meant for battery, three wires (full time pos, grnd, and switched pos) meant for rocker switch, and the pos and grd connector for the light bar.
I need guidance on how to properly connect everything so I can use my brights with/without the light bar coming on. This is more or less for convenience, but also for improved functionality.
I would prefer to use the existing harness, so as to avoid purchasing more parts.
Can anyone tell me what exactly I need to connect/cap off and where? I have found one diagram, but it does not show a battery connection at all. Just upfitter and high beam connections.

Thanks in advance!
I meant to add that I would like to use one of the existing upfitter switches instead of the supplied rocker switch. I know how to wire everything using the supplied switch, I just can’t seem to wrap my head around using the upfitter instead.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's easy, with using a relay, have the uplifter wire go to the battery pin on the relay (87) and the signal from the high beams as the trigger for the relay (86). That way the lught bar will only come one with both the uplifter switch and high beams on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.