Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 21.5" dual row LED light bar from kjdavis on here. I want to mount it in the the center opening in the bumper. How do I go about mounting it there?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Make a bracket. How does the lightbar mount? Does it mount from the bottom or the side?

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make a bracket. How does the lightbar mount? Does it mount from the bottom or the side?

It mounts on the two sides. I believe it's like a pivoting mount so you can adjust the angle of the bar. I don't exactly have the resources to fab up stuff and work on my truck a whole lot now that I live in a condo 90% of the time.

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts

do you happen to have a picture of your bracket by chance? I am trying to install my side mount light bar today. Thanks

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
My lights all mount from the bottom and not the side so brackets were just some scrap square tubing with some mounting tabs welded on or flat stock.

·
Registered
632 Posts
By far the easiest way to find a good mounting spot is taking of the front bumper, but if you can't, all you really need are 2 "L" brackets that you can buy at Home Depot in the sheet metal dept. a couple sets of 1/4" hardware should work. I don't know exactly what the inside of the bumper looks like but jbweld if it holds would be the easiest solution, but the brackets should be either welded or through bolted in a discreet location.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Here you can see what I did. I used a piece of close to 30" long of 2"x1/8" aluminum and mounted it to the bumper brackets and then mounted the light bar to that. Here are some pics.

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts
Thanks brother! Mine is complete, minus the wiring (wife and kids wanted to go to bass pro shop today)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Thanks brother! Mine is complete, minus the wiring (wife and kids wanted to go to bass pro shop today)
cant go wrong heading there, unless they are spending your money hahahaha

what tires are those? nitto terra graps, toyo open country's, or open country 2? they look aggressive but not too aggressive. I sold my tires and rims cuz I was tired of them on the highway and trying to decide what tire to go with

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts
They did spend money.. $250 on a ladder tree stand, a new hunting jacket for my boy, pinn camo purse for the wife and some other little crap.

The tires are 305/55/20 (33x12.50) Toyo AT2 Extremes. They are pretty damn good. I am thinking of selling them/ trading them to get 35's.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
They did spend money.. $250 on a ladder tree stand, a new hunting jacket for my boy, pinn camo purse for the wife and some other little crap.

The tires are 305/55/20 (33x12.50) Toyo AT2 Extremes. They are pretty damn good. I am thinking of selling them/ trading them to get 35's.
That's the size I run on my truck. Send me some pictures of your wheels and tires closer up if ya got them. I want to see what they look like with a chrome rim. I'm wanting to go with some chrome American forces or fuels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts
I will get you some tomorrow

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts
Here are the Toyo AT2's on my chrome BMF Novakaine wheels (sorry for it being dirty)

Attachments

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts
Last one, side profile

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
this is a set of ridged lights I pulled off a raptor that my buddy was selling, i swapped them out with cheep china crap.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i've got a 30in mounted to my brush guard.

·
Registered
315 Posts
heres mine mounted to the brush guard.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts