Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those that have installed a light bar in your bumpers how do you like them? Are they pretty bright? What lumen rating did you get?

I just ordered a 22" light bar that I'll be installing next week. 8,500 lumen

I drive on a lot of back roads were there's lots of tame deer and such that stay along roads.
Plus we do a lot of spot light rabbit hunting on the hay fields. Haha (us farmers get bored in winter).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have a 20" lightbar in my bumper and it's 20,640 lumen. I like my lightbar. Make sure you tack weld the nuts and bolts to make theft more difficult.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Where did you get a 20 inch that has that many lumens?? Although how do we know if it actually has that many lumens, they could be just saying it.
Raw lumens are 20,640. The effective lumens are 11,503. However, raw lumens is what most companies advertise their lightbars in as it's a significantly higher number than the actual number of lumens or effective lumens. Any reputable company will not be fudging this information. The Chinese knockoffs on the other hand or no name branded lightbars may claim something other than their actual output. The difference between my lightbar and what other people are buying is that mine uses 10 watt LEDs instead of the usual 3 watt LED.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a rigid e series. The light is great but the mount I got from them didn't seem quite right. I made it work though.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Alberta Advantage, What company did you get it through? Looks good!
All my lights are from Vision X. My bumper light is the Evo Prime double stack 20". The ones on the back are Evo Prime 8" bars. Not cheap but they're a nice light. Lifetime warranty too. I had a lens crack after a car accident and they replaced my lightbar, no questions asked.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clearly I can't take days off because I spend too much money.. Haha
Just ordered 2 more light bars for rear bumper along with new Black HID /LED Halo headlight assembles and taillight assembles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.