Premium Member
2,696 Posts
That should be a 2wd tail shaft seal
Not discontinued, they have 3 of them at the Memphis warehouse

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Since the internet doesn't seem to have a good picture of this seal, here it is. Installed it last night and everything appears to be good again. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been having this problem for a while now. Changed the rear seal and all was good for about a week then it started leaking again.. No visible damage to the seal itself. From what I can see the boot is seated properly but is still leaking. Anyone got any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is exactly what's happening with me. Changed the seal and the leak started again after about a week or two. Flinging fluid on the underside of the body and leaving a slight spot on the floor. Pulled the driveshaft again and emery clothed the shaft and reassembled. So far so good, but still haven't found any vents. I've been here before. Anyone know where the vents are located?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine still leaks slightly also. Better than what it was. When I put the new seal in I also polished up the shaft surface pretty good. I thought maybe my case was slightly over filled. But I'm living with it for now...

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
have any of you check the output shaft bushing? It might be too loose allowing too much driveshaft wobble for the seal to be effective? Just a thought. Might not be the problem.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts