Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 f-350 CC dually with 287.000 miles on her with an occasional drip .Because of the high price of fuel I have parked the gentle giant and started driving a company truck ,so I drive it to Lowes or HD every other weekend ,maybe 10 mile ,well I noticed that now the oil leaks and so does the trans fluid, could the seals be drying up from lack of use? can I put in an additive to swell the seals?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 1997 f-350 CC dually with 287.000 miles on her with an occasional drip .Because of the high price of fuel I have parked the gentle giant and started driving a company truck ,so I drive it to Lowes or HD every other weekend ,maybe 10 mile ,well I noticed that now the oil leaks and so does the trans fluid, could the seals be drying up from lack of use? can I put in an additive to swell the seals?:dunno:
Anybody have a suggestion?:doh:

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
Have you checked the fluid levels to see if the leak is substantial or still small and you just notice it more since it sits?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil leak was one or two drops until I let it sit up ,now its like two tablespoons full.,thanks for responding, I will check out the site you gave in your post ,I'll look at the truck this weekend,Thanks MAINTAIN.:nod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts