Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me 2011 has been losing coolant apparently. There's no smell and no visible evidence of a leak, and only loosing from the primary system. The secondary degas bottle remains full. Truck is tuned and on an exhaust diet, but all EGR components are still in place.

I've been reading up on possible causes and have narrowed it down to a suspected leaking turbo coolant line. There's not a lot of crud built up around the fitting, but the turbo / pedestal appears to be wet.

That brings me to my question: Has the OEM Ford fitting / line been revised to address the failures? I've not been able to find any definitive info on this. If not, should I go with the Sinister Diesel line that doesn't use the quick connect fitting?

I'm thinking that I may want to replace the oil line & fitting while I'm already in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 6.7 - Im dealing with a similar issue but the view is limited. I smell coolant, coolant puddle in valley of motor(front side of turbo), it drips all the way down to bell housing area then off middle of frame. I plan to take the upper manifold off to get a better look. I am also interested in doing the feed line for the turbo as well while im in there. Im also interested in the best option to replace the oem fittings

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and ordered all OEM parts for both the oil & coolant lines. I like the idea of the Sinister line and if it leaks again that's what I'll go with. Parts should be here today. Funny thing is...I haven't lost a drop of coolant in the last week :rolleyes:.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts