Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
today, i went wheelin, and on one hill i bottom out in the middle, but i dont think i hit the tranny area, but when i got home before i noticed that theres some red fluid dripping out of some little lip thing near the tranny, anyone know whats going on? thanks

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Your going to have to follow the leak to the source. If it is all too greasy/oily then go to the parts store and get a few cans of Brakleen and hose it clean and try to find the leak again.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its leaking rite out of that little lip looking thing , and around the edges, ya im gonna work on it

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
today i took that cover off, and it looks like thats the flywheel, and theres some kid of internal leak in it, anyone know whats going on?

·
Registered
41 Posts
That drain hole is where pretty much anything that leaks into the engine valley ends up. From the picture it looks like something light and clear, likley diesel fuel. Check behind the fuel filter housing (Fuel Bowl) for a leak, its probably there.

·
Registered
767 Posts
If its tranny fluid its the front pump seal behind the converter. Youll have to pull the tranny to fix.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah its red fluid, its tranny oil. thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts