Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having this problem? I have seen many Fords do this but man not after only 11,000 miles

·
Registered
25 Posts
My F250 has been in the shop 5 day waiting for the rear main seal to be replaced! I've only had it three weeks and it got 560 miles!:tard:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not the rear main seal according to the dealer, it is the bed pan. They had to remove the entire engine, turn it over, and reseal the connection between the two. I should get the truck back tomorrow

·
Registered
8 Posts
rear main seal

I had my 08 6.4l in the shop for an oil change, of course my local dealer is incompetent so they did not tighten the oil plug all the way and it leaked all over my shop floor any how I took it back and they said they tightend the plug but noticed my rear main seal was leaking and they wanted to fix it. 24k
on the truck. I have to find another dealer to fix the problem because if this dealer can not even do an oil change without creating problems how can I trust them to tear the hole engine and tranny apart. always something.

·
Registered
194 Posts
CCV mod has been known to stop a rear main seal leak, not guaranteed but I know a few guys that have had theirs stop leaking after the mod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts