Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what this pipe is or how serious of a problem this leak poses. It's the pipe that's right behind the oil filter. My truck seems to have been running a little hot, but I'm not sure if that's related or just the summer heat.

Thoughts?
pipe.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. How dire of a repair is it to get on top of? The truck's a work vehicle, but for most jobs I can use the family tahoe if need be.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I would guess to just run it until it loses power and a check engine light comes on. When it fails, all that will happen is it will run inefficiently and not have any power

·
Registered
2008 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson 6.4 Dynamic Diesel stage 1 kit, ODD Intake, and way more. 💨
1,537 Posts
seals at the turbo crossover pipe and at the extension pipe at the turbo both leaking, remove the degas bottle, and cross over pipe, then replaced gaskets that mount inside of crossover pipe, also replace the gasket that mounts into turbo.

They sell a kit Mahle offers it as well as others not hard to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson 6.4 Dynamic Diesel stage 1 kit, ODD Intake, and way more. 💨
1,537 Posts
Put dye into your oil if you want to properly verify this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put dye into your oil if you want to properly verify this.

Sure, never heard of putting dye into the oil before. I think I'll have to pick that up, might get one for the coolant too, and run a coolant to see if I'm leaking coolant anywhere.

As far as gaskets, is it the low pressure rebuild service kit? Just want to make sure I have the right one.

Lastly, Rocca, I think I had seen in another thread that you do custom tunes. If so, PM me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts