Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning fellas, I posted a problem I had with letting my truck sit up do to the cost of fuel and it developing leaks, well I looked under the truck yesterday and the leak is coming from the weep hole on the trans cover where it meets the oil pan. Wish I could take a picture but I am not good with that stuff. Its not trans fluid it is oil. is there something I can put in the oil to swell the seals.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody have this problem?:dunno:

·
Transmission or Injectors
743 Posts
Check out the top of the engine, see if you see any oil coming from the turbo pedestal. That is a usual spot for oil leaks to start, and it runs down the top of the engine and looks like a rear engine seal leak. Or it could infact be the rear engine seal.

I dont know of anything that will swell seals though, sorry

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: Well I drove the truck about a hundred mile this weekend and the oil leak has reduced to a couple of drops, I guess driving enough to get the truck to operating temp does swell the seals.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
fix psd

do not put any stop leak in your oil.it well gum up your injectors.and the rear seal hardly go out.its not a gasser.look in valley of motor and see if there is any oil in there?if there is its a O-ring.under turbo,hpop lines.hpop gasket.use viton O-rings pm me if need to

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Your leak is coming from the top. search for "diagnosis" and then click on "oil leak diagnosis" from the tech files.

·
Registered
659 Posts
are you sure it is not fuel.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No it's not fuel ,it's coming from the weep hole just back of the oil pan.and when I drive it and let the motor get hot the leak slows to two drops.It's when I let it sit for two weeks or more that the leak increases to about two tablespoons full.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your leak is coming from the top. search for "diagnosis" and then click on "oil leak diagnosis" from the tech files.
I did a search "diagnosis" and nothing of oil leak came up.:dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts