Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my truck is leaking diesel fuel now. i know where it is coming from but i dont know how to stop it. it is coming from the drain tube from the fuel filter. i made sure the drain valve was closed but i think it is not staying shut 100%. it is a fairly steady drip... any help on how to fix or tighten this drain valve would be very much appreciated.

thanks Dwayne

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Don't know how to help you but this should be on a 911 page

·
Registered
39 Posts
replace it. only about $40-$50 from dealer. 2 screws.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not really a 911 .. mainly more of a nuisance than anything...thanks for the help fellas

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
It is probably just an O ring that needs replaced. Can you tell if the housing is cracked?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I saw the oring rebuild replacement kits are pretty cheap. I think i have seen them on the dfuser website??!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the housing doesnt appear to be cracked. I opened it and shut it back to make sure it was closed completely. however it is still doing it. How hard is it to replace the o ring that yall spoke of?

·
Registered
39 Posts
the o-rings that seal it to the filter housing are what usually go bad. sounds like yours is internal of the valve itself. the valve is held to the filter housing with 2 screws (phillips head i think) and the drain hose attaches to the bottom. not much to it. takes 10-15 min to replace.

·
Registered
25 Posts
um, i think its 4, t20 screws that hold on the valve. you need 2, #202 viton orings, and here is some directions. hint, a 1/4 inch air rachet really helps, or makes it very easy! without is a pain in the ***.

Separator Valve Rebuild

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks fellows. i just ordered the orings from the dfuser web site as well as a the oil drain valve..

hopefully the oil drain valve will make things a little easier and help me maintain my truck a little better. it looks like a pretty good idea figure i will try it and see

1 - 10 of 10 Posts