Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a leak coming from under the engine don't know exactly where because i havet put it on a lift yet. wondering if anyone has had problems with leaky fuel lines or if anyone can give me some advice on how to go about finding the source to the problem. thank you in advance to anyone who responds and takes the time to help me out. cheers!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Check the valve on the fuel/water separator/fuel filter housing. Mine had the o-rings in it go bad. It was easy for me to find the leak because I had a hose connected to mine to make it easier to drain off and you cold tell it was coming from the hose.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Byrce,
where is the fuel/water sepearator and that whole housing? i believe it is right under where it says powerstroke but im new to diesels and im still getting a feel for everything

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hey Byrce,
where is the fuel/water sepearator and that whole housing? i believe it is right under where it says powerstroke but im new to diesels and im still getting a feel for everything
Yep... The valve is on the back side of the round fuel filter housing under the plastic cover. There is a rubber connector from th valve to a hard line down the passenger side of the engine. I put a piece of fuel line on that to extend it down into a bottle when I drain off the filter (each time I change my oil and/or fuel filter).

See if you see fuel dripping out of that hard line or feel it to see if it's wet wit fuel.

$40-50 for a new valve if that's it. 4 torx head screws hold it in. Once the engine is cool, it's about 30-60 minutes taking you time to swap.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You so much Bryce i hope its something that simple and easy! Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts