Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2011 F250 super duty and it's leaking fuel all over the ground now that I have it home. Put less than 50 miles on the truck :(

During the test drive two days ago I noted a smell to the dealer at a stop light (smelled like cetane booster), and so did my wife during the final drive before inspection today.

Sigh. :(

Anyone have experience with a brand new truck dumping fuel under the motor? It's dripping right behind the front axle, and only when the vehicle is running with the lines under pressure.

Also just noticed a small dent in the hood as well..... Starting to think trading in my 09 wasn't such a good idea.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8am tomorrow, it goes back and they give me my 09 to drive around until they fix it.

That said, the truck is now on the street after watching that....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Probably something in the fuel system not sealed correctly. They should be able to find it quickly. On my 6.0 I pinched the gasket on the fuel filter at the top of the engine causing a small leak. Just had to reseat it and clean the engine.

Make sure they clean the engine off and point out the dent in the hood when you go pick it up. Tell them it won't there before. They will fix it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Watched the YOUTUBE. The loss is tragic, but this 'announcerguy' sounds like this is happening everyday. :liar: This is the first I have seen of a new F series truck catching fire. Definitely engine related after reviewing the video. More info is needed before a conclusion could be drawn. I have not played with the aftermarket fuel related mods, but there are a number of factors that could be involved after production. There is a link in the YOUTUBE to another F series fire that is a 99-08 body style. Sounds like an attorney looking for clients. While this loss, and injury is sad, the hyperbole is 'attorneyspeak'. :buttkick:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had quite the fiasco getting the truck even in to the dealership. Roadside assistance cancelled the tow for 8am and "paused" my service request without talking to me, on the basis that the dealer was closed (The dealer.... has 24 hour drop off......). Next tow never showed up, and after getting called for jerking me around stated they weren't going to come with a flatbed anyway. Sorry, not dragging this brand new truck anywhere...

Truck finally got picked up at 230 on a flatbed by a third tow company, and I went and talked to the sales manager right away when we got there. I have a bit of OCD, and between the issue with the truck, the tow, and a vibration noise that the vacuum lines make *after* the truck is turned off I'm not comfortable going any farther with this one. I'm just going to swap the truck out for a different one so I can sleep at night.

Loved the truck though, already found one exactly like it, going to get it tomorrow :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts