Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its on the passenger side of the truck. Looks like it is coming from the head gasket but the truck runs fine. No puking and its not smoking or running bad. I hoped it was a line to my coolant filter but its not. Any ideas??? I felt the hoses and cant find anything. Could it be my egr cooler??? Also wanting to change coolant if I do replace headgaskets, how bad would it be if I just flushed a few times with water to get the old out??? I know Im suposed to use restore and restore plus but I dont want to run thoes length of times if I can avoid it with blown head gaskets. I will be replacing the oil cooler at that time also. Thanks for the help. Dustin Ball

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Check the valley of the engine for coolant. The hose that feeds coolant to the egr cooler and has o-rings that fail sometimes and leaks. If that hose is orange in color, they are well known to leak. The newer one is blue.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Check this tube. It mounts to the alternator bracket and your heater core hose connects to it. The o-ring that seats inside the front cover is known to go bad and leak. Check there first.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its rolling off the back of the passenger side head so it might be that tube. Anyone ever seen a head gasket leak like that? Thats what im scared of.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which egr delete should I use. Ive looked at the RCD and dicad solutions. They are both $109 right now.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TTT any other ideas????

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Its rolling off the back of the passenger side head so it might be that tube. Anyone ever seen a head gasket leak like that? Thats what im scared of.
HG's doesn't leak externally on our trucks. I'll be willing to bet that it is the EGR hose. It's probably running down the valley and down the back of engine/head making it look like the HG/head is leaking.

·
Registered
435 Posts
u said the newer hose is blue i have a 06 with the blue hose would that be original or could have some one all ready changed my egr

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
u said the newer hose is blue i have a 06 with the blue hose would that be original or could have some one all ready changed my egr
No, it would only mean that the hose was replaced.

·
Registered
435 Posts
oh ok i was hoping mine might have been replace at some time ,well when the 90 days or 3000 miles are up im going to have a delete done on it even though i have no problems ,thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
I noticed my truck is leaking at the same spot dripping down the starter I have the egr deleted and not home to
Check my delete kit if it's leaking but good place to start

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More trouble to be had. My valves on my coolant filter started leaking after I got the EGR Delete installed. I called sinister and had them send me new valves. After replacing the valves I thought I would be set, NOT!!!!!!! Now it looks like the whole radiator top is leaking. Im at work and there is a huge puddle under my truck. Do you think this is all a coincidence? Have I hurt something else?

On a side note.......I flushed and filed the truck back up with Final Charge Cat EC-1 antifreeze. All my temps look good so far, but I only have about 100 miles since everything was changed. I didnt use any chemicals, just flushed with distled water many many many times then added the ELC. So far I recommend it to people whose oil coolers are still in good shape. Seemed to work good for me.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
My EGR cooler was leaking at a weld where the coolant line (blue) connects to the cooler body. Coolant leaked just like you are describing. Deleted the cooler to fix it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My leak ended up being the little hose on my delete returning the coolant to my oil cooler

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ive got that leak fixed. Now it looks like my radiator is puking. Coincidense or have I hurt something else that is causing this chain reaction???

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy an all aluminum radiator from eBay. Someone on here not to long ago found them and bought one. From what I understand it was a great quality and WAY cheaper than OEM.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BDP is only $320. Which one from ebay? Anyone have a link and any info?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts