Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is leaking from a pipe that goes to front of the engine by the water pump. It is a metal pipe that goes to a hose that I think goes to the heater core. We had to take the bolt out that holds the metal pipe to the intake. Has any one had a problem with this leaking after a egr delete. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
419 Posts
donut oring?? my leak is very unsteady. it never seems to be dripping, doesn't seem to be burning it at all, and in the most random mornings there will be a pond. i can't figure it out. its going to a shop soon because its starting to concern me. the hose at the bottom of the reservoir for the coolant isn't leaking (although it looks like it would), the hose clamps are now tight on the blue hose that goes from the coolant delete piece to the manifold by the valve. there was a little random coolant on a plug between where the valve would be and the filter assembly, but i cleaned it off and it hasn't happened again. the oil seems ok, its not milky white (although it doesn't look jet black like i thought it would), i'm not as concerned that its getting in the motor only because of the puddles i'm leaving behind.. hope that explanation was a bit more helpful

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
Check the clamp on the lower radiator hose at the radiator.
The "donut" o-ring I was referring to is under the intake manifold, towards the front. This would leak down the front of the engine when it is switched off.
Where, under the truck, does this puddle form? drivers side? passenger side? in the middle somewhere? front of the engine? back?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I can't really tell where its leaking from.. doesn't seem to leave any evidence on the truck. never seen residual coolant on the top of the motor, but it looks as though its been wet.

this donut, what are you referring to as switched off??

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
When the engine is switched off...

Check the hoses that connect to the degas bottle (especially the plastic "Y") for any evidence of leaking.
Check the cross-over hose (along the firewall), check the little hose that is on your EGR cooler. If the hose on the egr cooler is orange, you need the blue one (that orange one is OLD).

·
Registered
419 Posts
ok i checked all of that, i have the blue one because i did the egr delete (which is when the leak started),

the degas bottle seems fine, all dry

·
Registered
419 Posts
i also keep pulling two codes, po403 and po406, i have done the egr delete and its straight piped which i assumed is whats causing these codes...

·
Registered
419 Posts
it ended up being the blue hose! thanks for all the help.. it only leaked when i had the defrost on full heat for some reason.. must build more pressure i guess.. but anyways thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check the clamp on the lower radiator hose at the radiator.
The "donut" o-ring I was referring to is under the intake manifold, towards the front. This would leak down the front of the engine when it is switched off.
Where, under the truck, does this puddle form? drivers side? passenger side? in the middle somewhere? front of the engine? back?
Mine is a 2012 6.7 leaking coolant pretty heavy when the trucks running... when i shut her off, its slows to a drip....
Its on the passenger side by the wheel well. we just got the egr delete done & reprogrammed it.
Not overheating. No white smoke. Just leaking coolant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.